Find
Notify
Tools

REM 504 or kimber hunter?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of xtrema44
posted
I'm heading to a store and going to buy a good 22lr. My question is the 504 or Hunter? Both on sale 50 bucks difference or 100 bucks diff for the Kimber HS. Olny thing about the HS is the wood looks like #%$^. So which gun to buy? Confused

Posts: 142 | Location: M-F OREGON | Registered: 25 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would not buy a Remington. They are not doing things right these years.

From what you say the wood on the Kimber is lousy. I have seen that too. So don't buy either gun as they are not the only two on earth.

The CZ .22's that I have seen and shot have been good deals. They have a nice solid action and are quite accurate.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of xtrema44
posted Hide Post
Yes I agree i have a 452 varmint and love it.
I just want a nice looking gun. The 453 American is nice but none around here.

One of Us
Picture of xtrema44
posted Hide Post
I bought the hunter.I was going to by the 504 but they olny had one. The guy behind the counter pulled the bolt to show me the barrel the extractors flew out. It made the choice easy then.

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Cooper is a little more but very nice

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2578 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of xtrema44
posted Hide Post
Yes Cooper's are very nice but no one around here has any in stock. My next one will be a cooper.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd buy a CZ before either of the two mentioned.

Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
COOPER Big Grin I have three and nothing even comes close.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 504 is supposed to be quite good. I haven't seen one shot in person, so I cannot comment on them. But I do have a remmy 541T-hb, it shoots better than I can. But mine is one with the match chamber and two action screws. The 504 is supposed to be as accurate, if not more so.

Posts: 86 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 17 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got to put a word in for Cooper as well. You probably won't ever find a better .22. No need to wait a year or more either; go to gunsamerica.com and pick out the one you like. I like mine so much I bought another in 22-250 when I found a really good deal on GA. You will never regret buying a Cooper.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BoCash3
posted Hide Post
K3yston3 and others:

I have had an excellent grouping Rem 541-T for 15 years. Personally, if it were not for the cheap plastic clip and non-adjustible trigger, I would call it the perfect rifle for me. QUESTION: you mentioned yours having a "match chamber and two action screws." How would I know if mine had either?

Am also a big fan of CZ........... for out of the box quality for the price, I can't beat them............ have three of them now and looking for one more.

Have a great week. "Bo"

Thank goodness my grandfather put me in the woods as a child !

www.TableRockAngler.com

Posts: 113 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 20 November 2004Reply With Quote