Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a new pea shooter
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted

Will be my farm carry for the trap line. Ruger Wrangler. Bronze cerakote.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very interested in your experience/opinion.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1043 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard good reports from friends who purchased this Ruger. Most were looking at the Heritage Arms pistol when Ruger brought this one out. It was a no “brainer” decision.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 934 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This handy dandy revolver is only $209.00

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interested in how it groups.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Interested in how it groups.

The paperwork says the sights are factory set for 15 yards and cannot be adjusted further. I didn't buy it for any sort of distance shooting, just as a cranium crusher for trapping. Particularly for when I catch things in box/live traps.

BTW- this is a single action pistol.

~Ann

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The paperwork says the sights are factory set for 15 yards and cannot be adjusted further

That doesn't mean it shoots to the point of aim.

Seen far to many fix sighted handguns not shoot to the point of aim.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My POA is probably one foot or so. As I mentioned, it's for cleaning out my traps. It's worked well on coons so far.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice Ann. I bought my son one of those last Chrsitmas or the one before, anyway it pretty much shoots to point of aim at that distance with the ammo we shot in it.

DRSS

Posts: 1148 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by degoins:
Very nice Ann. I bought my son one of those last Chrsitmas or the one before, anyway it pretty much shoots to point of aim at that distance with the ammo we shot in it.

It's a decent little gun. I am surprised how loud it is compared to my 10/22 though. I'll probably buy another one for around the dooryard/house. This one lives on my tractor.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a good idea to have a piece in many locations; you never know what will happen + when you will need it. I even keep a revolver in the side table in my restroom along with a phone. If you need one when you are there, you are in a very compromising position, + I have noticed that when you are there, that's when the phone rings.

Posts: 4103 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
It's a good idea to have a piece in many locations; you never know what will happen + when you will need it. I even keep a revolver in the side table in my restroom along with a phone. If you need one when you are there, you are in a very compromising position, + I have noticed that when you are there, that's when the phone rings.

It might not be a 'big' caliber but it will still make a convincing impression in an emergency. Everyone knows the sound of a cocking hammer, right?

Late last night as I was getting ready to turn in I could heard some mischief out on the road. The wind was coming from the north and so I could hear some vehicles out there. Hopefully those guys are just racing their trucks and not thinking about coming up mine or anyone else's driveway.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like Bill Jordan said in his book, "No Second Place Winner"; "In all my years of law enforcement, the one question I never figured out was what scares a man more; the click/click of a side by side or the chink chunk of a pump action shotgun." You have to admit that their sound is a universal language.

Posts: 4103 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That looks like a dandy, Ann. I was very tempted to buy one in birdshead/barkeep configuration at the last gun show in Abilene. I had one of those Heritage .22s years ago, and it shot surprisingly well, but I would take the Ruger over the Heritage any day.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
That looks like a dandy, Ann. I was very tempted to buy one in birdshead/barkeep configuration at the last gun show in Abilene. I had one of those Heritage .22s years ago, and it shot surprisingly wel, but I would take the Ruger over the Heritage any day.

I like it enough I am going to buy another one.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can hear it musically, "It's so nice to have several revolvers around the house" Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

~Ann

one of us
posted Hide Post
I suspect a little 22 Auto like the Browning 1911 would be a good UC gun or house protection, 10 quick 22 Hollow Points in the chest would be deadlier than one 44 magnum! Sorta like a shotgun with double 0

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
I suspect a little 22 Auto like the Browning 1911 would be a good UC gun or house protection, 10 quick 22 Hollow Points in the chest would be deadlier than one 44 magnum! Sorta like a shotgun with double 0

I like how you think!

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have noticed that when you are there, that's when the phone rings.

When you are not there and it rings, how would you know?

Posts: 3797 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote