New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a good'un today
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Lurking through guns Int. I came across one of those beautiful Brno mod. 1, 22 L.R. I grabbed it and its on the way...I have owned them in the past, bought and sold a number of them over the years. MOst I paid for one was $100. and sold them refinished for $375....I paid $760. for this one, they are rare and hard to come by in decent condition..I believe they are the most accurate of the hunting rifle 22s, along with the Win. 63 autos..At least that's been my experience...I won't make my usual mistake with this one..I will keep, hopefully!! Roll Eyes

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Show a picture of it.

I found my Remington 40X free rifle quite accurate in the small bore matches.

Before that my late dad had his Winchester 52C for us to share in the Thursday night league.

Get the 'power' or optic that your eye likes instead of what someone else says.

When we go to the doctor they ask us what lens we like!

Do that with your optics.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will photograph it when it gets here..and after I refinish it..BTW its a double square bridge little action, and Talleys makes QD rings..It will probably wear my 2.5X Leupold Alaskan 7/8s tube..I also have a nice Weaver J-2.5X, nice 22 scope.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Brno mod. 1

Brono mod 1.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ray, I look forward to seeing photos of your new gem.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
X2! I just sold my 1941 model 63;hated to do it but I still have my Marlin 39 that I bought in the early 70's.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got it, Ive refinished the stock as it was a tad rough, added a steel grip cap. Talley 16 MM scope rings on a 4X Leupold..It was shooting worse after my refinish at about 1.5 to 2 inches..played with it for awhile, finally added a paper ship to the forend and its shooting 5 shots that you can cover with a nickel every time. Whew! that had me worried.

Norman, never sell a Win. 63, its plumb common of you! shocker

I will be glad to send pictures to your email if you send me your email..I can't post pictures, you guys know that! rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would love to see a pic of the refinished Brno, I have one that im am thinking of doing and would love some inspiration!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those little 22's are cute but not precision rifles. They are just automatics!

Take a look at the Winchester M75 sporting if you find one. Mine with burl wood all over is a "bolt action!"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Savage 99,
The mod 1 Brnos are not automatics, they are bolt action with locking lugs..it shoots 5 shots in one hole and you can cover each group with a postage stamp or a nickel every time or 10 shots for that matter..has a mod. 70 type safety, and grooved for Talleys..Ive never seen a mod. 63 that wouldn't shoot an inch at 50 yards. you obviously have never shot one, and handing out your usual advise..I always use the scope of my choice..

Where are you coming from and whatcha been smoking? cedar bark!!

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
I will photograph it when it gets here..and after I refinish it..BTW its a double square bridge little action, and Talleys makes QD rings..It will probably wear my 2.5X Leupold Alaskan 7/8s tube..I also have a nice Weaver J-2.5X, nice 22 scope.

Ray, Don't bother to try to post. I know what those beginner guns are like:

Instead have someone find a REAL hunters 22...

A Winchester M75 Sporting and show it to you. They are expensive! Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
Its finished, but I can't post pictures, the best I can do is send a photo of the gun to your email from my email...Its an awesome little gun, and accurate as can be..Ive shot some rabbits and a couple of badgers with it so far. It goes about everywhere I go these days except to town, where the thieves live..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Thieves live everywhere these days Ray. tu2 Even in the 'wilds' surrounding Twin Falls. I know, I spent a summer in Jerome. Big Grin Be careful! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray,I love that 63 win. I bought from you.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Norman,
I greatful you have it and appreciate it, but uou must never ever sell it to Savage 99, that would be a cardinal sin, and the gun might turn stupid!! rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray,I am against original + cardinal sin,although a bit of carnal has transpired many years ago (too old for that nonsense now).thus as quoted by Mae West,"I used to be as pure as the driven snow,but then I drifted."

one of us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120