THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RIMFIRE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Rim Fire Rifles & Pistols    New E.A.A. Bounty Hunter .22 L.R. / .22 Magnum Revolver

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New E.A.A. Bounty Hunter .22 L.R. / .22 Magnum Revolver
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yesterday I picked up a new European American Armory "Bounty Hunter" 10 shot Convertible Revolver. This thing is MASSIVE! It weighs in at a whopping 45 ounces. This model comes in a 6, 8, and a 10 shot model. The 6 and 8 shot models are built on an alloy frame. But the 10 shot model is built on an all STEEL frame, that is identical to the centerfire Bounty Hunter Models. It is also about $150.00 more. But it's worth every cent.

The centerfire Bounty Hunter weighs around 38 ounces. The .22 rimfire is a full 7 ounces heavier because of the smaller chambers, along with the smaller .22 hole in the barrel. The cylinders swap out effortlessly, and the gun locks up nice and tight. It has a full transfer bar ignition like Ruger, so it can be safely carried with all 10 chambers loaded. For a fixed sight single action, the sights appear to be good. The front sight is a nice thick blade that fills the rear notch.

This gun is much heftier than my Ruger Stainless Single Six Convertible. The cylinders are a full 1.733" in diameter. I doubt you could wear this thing out in a lifetime of shooting. Like most convertible .22's, I'm expecting great accuracy from the Magnum cylinder. Most of these guns seem to shoot .22 Magnum ammo much more accurately than they do .22 L.R., so we'll see. The gun is beautifully fit and finished for it's price. For anyone wanting a nice 10 shot model .22, check out the E.A.A. Bounty Hunter. You won't be disappointed. I can't wait to get some serious trigger time with this thing!

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let us know how it shoots. I notice that the rear sight is just a notch? My Ruger Single Six has a fully adjustable rear sight. MUCH better IMHO
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Let us know how it shoots. I notice that the rear sight is just a notch? My Ruger Single Six has a fully adjustable rear sight. MUCH better IMHO
Peter.

I changed mine to an aperture sight. That didn't fix the accuracy, which is degraded by the fact that the barrel is bored for the slightly larger 22 magnum bullet, which leaves the 22 RF a little loose in the bore.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
the barrel is bored for the slightly larger 22 magnum bullet,

Hmmm. Presumably that is true of the Ruger Single Six as well?
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Peter

Yes. It is the case with ALL .22 L.R. / .22 Magnum revolvers. They bore the barrel to the larger .224 diameter .22 Magnum bullet. This makes the .222 diameter .22 L.R. bullet slightly loose. This effects accuracy in a negative way.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Peter

I was writing about a Ruger New Model Single Six (new in 1980 anyway). It was such a work of art in stainless steel that I couldn't resist it, but it's not a long-range silhouette gun.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like my Ruger Stainless Single Six. But it's nice with this new Bounty Hunter, to only have to load the chambers every 10 rounds, instead of every 6. Uberti makes one that is a 12 shot model. I may have to look into that one as well.