Find
Notify
Tools

Timney trigger on cz 452
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone install a timney on a cz 452 ?

Thinking of upgrading my cz before splurging on a cooper.

Thanks

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I installed one on my CZ455 varmint.

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The instructions say that you might have to remove some wood to make it fit. I think so many guys do this up grade that CZ changed the stock to accommodate the trigger.

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Ron:
I installed one on my CZ455 varmint.

Thanks for info.

On list of things to do.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an older Brno Model 2. Same as the CZ 452. I first the existing trigger. Made the pull much better. But then spent some money and put in the Timney trigger. Transformed the rifle. I have also restocked so it now handles like a stalking rifle. Shoots very well.

Posts: 979 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I installed a Rifle Basix trigger on my 452. I did have to slightly file the opening in the floor plate where the trigger touched a bit, just barely. Excellent control of pull weight and a super clean break.

https://riflebasix.com/product-category/cz-usa/

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I gave one of my 452 to the gunsmith to install a timney trigger.

I plan to get a CNBC metal trigger guard too.

If like how the gun shoots I will replace trigger on my other 4 guns.

Over time I might upgrade the scopes from Nikon prostaff to something better too.

Thanks for all the info and advice.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Finally got the gun back.

My guns put a rifle basix trigger.

Need to go shoot it next week.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
The factory trigger can be adjusted very well.

I am actually shooting one now that I have adjusted the trigger on, and have installed a brass barrel tuner I made.

I will post the results later on.

The tigger feels very good.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66759 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like my CZ's; love my Cooper.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1043 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Installed a Timney trigger on a 452.

Turns out after installing the Timney the stock needs to be inlet. This is pathetic. Why design a drop in trigger than does not work with the stock the rifle comes with.

Finding a gunsmith who can work with wood in central Florida. That should be fun.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
The standard trigger is very good on these rifles.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66759 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure the 452 and 455 are the same trigger, but my 455 trigger sucked! Timney replacement dropped right in (thank god) Very nice trigger! CZ must have opened that part of the stock on the later model. Good luck Mike

Posts: 124 | Location: Hickory, PA | Registered: 13 May 2015Reply With Quote