New
Find
Notify
Tools

browning 1911-22
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anybody play around with one of these?? i see a c note rebate on them until the end of the month

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I have one and I love it.

It didn't function well at first but it was a matter of the preservative they put on it. Once I broke it down, wiped the parts, and oiled it everything changed. After that it has fed and functioned reliably.

The only criticism I have is that the rear sight kept drifting on it's own. It even fell out at one point. So I took the sight out and tapped one side of the dovetail to tighten it. I had to tap the sight back into place and it has stayed put since.

What I really like is how closely it resembles the 1911 Colt. I am a 1911 guy and this has a natural feel, comes on target, and shoots just like the full sized models. If they had made it in .32 ACP/7.65 mm I'd carry it concealed.

I just have the basic model.
This is not a picture of my pistol but it is a picture of the same model:

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one. Works well and fun to shoot. I do wish the sites were better.

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I HAD one, until my daughter got ahold of it !

She absolutely loves it. Almost as much as her old Ruger Bearcat.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4187 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I, too, have one, along with a very nice Ruger Bearcat! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I bought my daughter in law a Browning Buckmark for Christmas + she loves it. I have my S+W M-41 but I would still like to find another vintage Colt Woodsman. I have enough Cabelas points saved up + that is where I would like to use them but I don't know if they have their fine guns room anymore. Does Bass Pro have one; anybody know?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote