Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Model 452, Any Good?
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone played with these rifles? Curious about how fit and function are on these. Interested on accuracy of 17 HMR. Seem like they are worth what they are asking just don't know if I really need on in my gun case.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 452 style (nickel plated black stock) that shoots lights out with Wolf Match Target ammo. It shoots all of the higher end ammo as do most guns. The only thing that has to be helped is the trigger (which can be cured with a trigger kit from Eric Brooks. He can be located over at www.rimfirecentral.com). Other than that you can't go wrong. You can go to CZ-USA to see what all they offer.

My 2 cents
Larry

Posts: 75 | Location: Ashdown, Ar | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 452 FS in 22 LR that I like OK. If I had a few extra pennys, I'd buy the same rifle in 17 HRM and have some fun with it.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a cz 452 fs (mannlicher type stock) that is very accurate and enjoyable to shoot. There are a number of different configurations of this model, and the 453 has a set trigger. These guns are well crafted with a decent set of iron sights, and represent a good value.

They're descendants of the highly regarded Brno rimfires, so the design has been pretty well proven over the last 5 decades.

Curious Relic

Posts: 6 | Location: Pierre, SD USA | Registered: 12 February 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Very good in my opinion and I have people I know 3 and we all shoot CZ Americans and all shoot great, no one is about to trade one in.
Also very good on ammo, as it seems to like most brands
of decent ammo. Mine will shoot mini mags, green tag, lapua and cheap eley all quit well.

One of Us
Picture of Trenton
posted Hide Post
I have a 452 American in 17HMR. I shot this rifle with 5 diff. loads from Rem., Hornady and CCI. The best I could get it to shoot was 5/8-3/4" grps @ 50yds. So I went to my shop with it. I pillar bedded the action, glass bedded the action with Steel Bed and floated the bbl and adjusted the trigger pull to 1.5#'s. (could not get all of the creep out, though there is a helluva lot less now.) Now back to the range. Now all of the ammo that I ran through it at the beginning shoot's under .5" for 5 shot grps and the Remington ammo was under .250".. Do they shoot? Yes. But it might take a little bit of work. I was able to take it shooting sage rats last spring. Hitting those little bugars out to 250 yds was not easy with wind but doable. Within 175 yds was a piece of cake.

Posts: 45 | Location: Oregon for now... | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trenton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trenton:
I have a 452 American in 17HMR. I shot this rifle with 5 diff. loads from Rem., Hornady and CCI. The best I could get it to shoot was 5/8-3/4" grps @ 50yds. So I went to my shop with it. I pillar bedded the action, glass bedded the action with Steel Bed and floated the bbl and adjusted the trigger pull to 1.5#'s. (could not get all of the creep out, though there is a helluva lot less now.) Now back to the range. Now all of the ammo that I ran through it at the beginning shoot's under .5" for 5 shot grps and the Remington ammo was under .250".. Do they shoot? Yes. But it might take a little bit of work. I was able to take it shooting sage rats last spring. Hitting those little bugars out to 250 yds was not easy with wind but doable. Within 175 yds was a piece of cake.
In response to the fit and function. Regarding the function of the rifle, I have not complaints, dual extractors, fixed solid ejector, smooth bolt operation, I like it. Regarding fit, my rifles bbl was contacting on the rt. side. Other than that the machine work and finish appears to have improved over the earlier rifles tremendously.

Posts: 45 | Location: Oregon for now... | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've a 452 American in 17 HMR that I'm endlessly pleased with (after installation of a Brooks trigger kit for about $14). Nice looking rifle and very accurate (5/8" at 100 with both Rem. 17 gr and Hornady 17 gr bullets). It seemed a real deal for the apparent quality (under $350 at Gander Mtn).

-WSJ

Posts: 300 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just purchased a 452 Varmit 17 Mach 2 for $269.00 and took it out yesterday afternoon and zeroed it in and I any extremely please with the first box of shells through it. Got a really good looking stock too.

Jon

Posts: 344 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of panzerguy
posted Hide Post
I got this rifle for $275. It shoots good, too.

I truly love my CZ 452. And my trigger on this was/is the best trigger I've ever pulled. No creep whatsoever, and breaks like glass.

Posts: 278 | Location: Wherever I park my tank | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
panzerguy
That sure is one pretty rifle.I've always had a place in my heart for a full stock gun. The wood looks excellent.

Larry

Posts: 75 | Location: Ashdown, Ar | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 452 Lux in 22 LR wears a Leupold 4x RF Special in Burris ringmounts and is good for under an inch at 50 yards all day long with several affordable brands.

One of Us
Picture of panzerguy
posted Hide Post
Larry,

You have to either find one that looks like that, or win the CZ wood "lottery" like my wife did when she ordered this one sight unseen. Nicest Christmas present I ever received.

P.S. My CZ452FS trigger just fell to second place in the "best damned trigger I've ever felt" category. I just bought a Savage 10FP with an accutrigger. WOW!!!!

Posts: 278 | Location: Wherever I park my tank | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote