posted
The Remmy 511 from 1950.

Posts: 6386 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Smiler

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1059 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I rescued one of those from a basket, turned out all right. Remington 5-teens are nice rifles.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I picked it up, loaded it, shot 1 round off hand at 25ft and blew the x out of the pistol target. nice.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
I picked it up, loaded it, shot 1 round off hand at 25ft and blew the x out of the pistol target. nice.

Is that the original bolt? It looks like one from a 513T with the round ball on the end.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure it's replaced. The stamp marks, I've been told, say it's bee repaired in 55.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
Pretty sure it's replaced. The stamp marks, I've been told, say it's bee repaired in 55.

When I got the 511 basket case, its bolt was stuck bad. I put a similar bolt handle on it when I got it out and it's been ok since. Nice little rifle.

TomP