THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RIMFIRE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Rim Fire Rifles & Pistols    Rim Fire Velocity And Accuracy With Progressively Shorter Barrels
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rim Fire Velocity And Accuracy With Progressively Shorter Barrels
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Funny how one seems to have a stock of 22 rim fire ammo!

Called around, and found about 70 different types of 22 Long Rifle ammo.

I will shoot all of them at both 50 and 100 yards.

Stay tuned for the results!

That's because the hoarders aren't bothering with rimfire. They're after rounds with "stopping power". Wink

You're a dedicated man of science, sir! Just an idea: Do you think you should start a fresh thread for the accuracy test, just to make it more manageable?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Best of the lot is some Federal BIRD SHOT to test for accuracy! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66754 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
The one that surprises me is the Winchester Super X and how it increases it's velocity when moving down from the 25" to shorter lengths and then retains that velocity far behind expectations.

I have a lot of the Winchester Super X HV with the stated 1280 fps and found it to be very effective at varmints in sizes it should not handle.

Good work Saaed

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TEANCUM:
The one that surprises me is the Winchester Super X and how it increases it's velocity when moving down from the 25" to shorter lengths and then retains that velocity far behind expectations.

I have a lot of the Winchester Super X HV with the stated 1280 fps and found it to be very effective at varmints in sizes it should not handle.

Good work Saaed

Sadly, in this rifle at least, it is one of the least accurate loads tested.

Posts: 66754 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by TEANCUM:

Good work Saaed

Sadly, in this rifle at least, it is one of the least accurate loads tested.

My main .22lr pursuits are hunting and the accuracy you got was a wee bit worse than what I get out of some aftermarket barrels. I'm getting 1.0-1.5 inches at 75 yards and happy with that performance.

Do you have any updates on George Vais lately?

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have not heard from George for a while.

22 rim fire ammo is great for fun, and of course hunting as well.

But, having shot, and seen shot, hundreds of thousands of ammo, I am totally convinced 22 rim fire cannot achieve the reliable accuracy of reloaded center fire ammo.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Saeed, This is a very thorough and valuable report. Huge amount of work! Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
based on data calcs..

the CCI stinger is the outlier at nearly 4X standard

with CCI - 76 FPS for 19 inches
without the CCI, 56 fps for 19

so, 2-3 fps per inch

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38379 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote