New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steyr Zephyr
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My new rimfire.. a 64 model, between 4-8000 produced.

Much nicer in person!

Posts: 615 | Location: a cold place | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice!I have a rifle,really accurate.Would love to find a stutzen with DST.What scope mounts fit the grooved receiver?Any mags available anywhere?

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The rails are 17mm dovetails. The Burris CZ 527 mounts fits. You just have to remove the small recoil lug it comes with.

I purchased two magazines from a gentleman in Denmark who makes spare. They are expensive though. $250 each.

The single trigger is actually rarer, then the DST. And suits me fine since I have larger hands, I have always had troubles with the DST.

Posts: 615 | Location: a cold place | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a nice rimfire....jealous just a little bit....

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1168 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nortman,Thanks!My rifle has the clip release on the left side of the stock.Saw 3 at a London auction recently.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember these rifles from old Stoeger catalogs. How were they marketed? And when? And where?

Posts: 111 | Location: Humboldt County, California | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only place I ever saw them advertised was in Shooter's Bible in the 50's but they were gone by my 64 edition.Think they were marketed as a companion to the Steyr Mannlicher rifle/carbine similar to the Winchester M52 Sporter/M70.IIRC there were only about 100 52C Sporters made before production ceased in mid '50s.Think prices were comparable <$200.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'll bite. Who is Steve Zephyr and where does he fit into this post?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steyr Zepher as in the pic of the rifle at the start of this post. Great little 22, but they don't come cheap! Wouldn't sell mine!

m4220

Posts: 217 | Location: US | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With Quote