New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brno mod. 1, 22 L.R.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My latest possession is a Brno Sporter mod.1 from days gone by..What a classic,trim, schnable forend clip fed 5 shot, looks like someone washed my 375 H&H and it shrunk..At 50 yards with the barrel mounted rear sight one down and one standing iron sights, it shoots an inch for however many rounds you want to shoot. Its a double square bridge, going to have to figure who makes scope rings, hopfully 7/8" rings for my Leupold Alsakan 2.5X scope, maybe Talley not sure..Any help on this would be appreciated, but no guess and by gosh please..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your little Brno has a 16mm Dovetail
There are any number of rings that work, CZ make em , Tally but they are for 1 inch scopes.
Brownells sell a ring reducer that will work on a 1 inch ring and a 7/8 tube of the Alaskan
# 084-000-092WB

one of us
posted Hide Post
Alf,
I have a set of rings, look like talleys that fit, they came with my Greifelt but these rings do not clear the bolt lift of the brno with my 7/8 Alaskan. or 4x Leupold..besides I have them on the Greifelt with a 3x9 Leupold compact. been head shooting rock chucks this week. I will shop around and find something I like for the 22..
Ray

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dead Eye
posted Hide Post
I just bought this one yesterday. 1949 vintage with redfield target sights
Should receive it next week. Looking forward to shooting it as is then maybe scoping it later.

Posts: 395 | Location: Canada | Registered: 06 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a set of Talley 16 MM QDs and I had a set of Reducers, mounted my 7/8" Leupold Alaskan, came together just right..shot a couple of 10 shot 50 yard groups with Aguila 30 gr. a 1700 FPS, got one inch 10 shot av. got almost that with WW at 1220 FPS. Fed. shorts max velocity loaded singlely shot 2 inches low than the above two L.R.s...It has super light trigger but a good deal of creep so I'll tend to that shortly. Im going to refinish the stock and checker the forend and recut the grip checkering using the original pattern..Its a dream gun come true..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dead Eye,
I would like to know where the clip came from on your rifle, its not original but I would love to find a clip that worked, I would like to buy a half dozen of them..can you find out? I suggest you buy some also..

Alf may know of an outlet for clips that fit the Brno 22s..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
Picture of Dead Eye
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, cz 452 and norinco jw mags all fit in the model one

Posts: 395 | Location: Canada | Registered: 06 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
The CZ 452 mags work with a little fitting.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3814 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got the CZ 452 metal clips ordered. tried one from a friends rifle and they are working perfect in my gun...He found the metal clips someplace and order me 3 of them...Thanks for the help

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
Got the gun stock on the Brno refinished and it sure looks good, the grip is checkered, the forend is not, as it came that way and I don't want to change it from original short of the refinish..I may however build a new stock of fancys Turkish or Russian walnut this winter with a checkered steel butt and grip cap inletted swivels, using the original stock as a pattern stock..the 7/8s Leupold Alaskan looks right at home on this petite little gun..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
Its shooting so good I removed the 2.5X scope and stuck a 2x7x28 Leupold on it and WOW is all I can say,,Ive been shooting the heads of the Flickers that are eating my barn. The Alaskan landed on my low comb mod. 70, 270, looks right at home in a set of Talley QDs and that 2.5X Leupold Alaskan Scope. The rifle scope combination that gave birth to the Nosler partition bullet when John Nosler shot a trophy Moose some many years ago..I kinda like that Historical fling on my gun.. tu2

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120