New
Find
Notify
Tools

volquartsen trigger in ruger mark II?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I asked this in another room and didnt get much of a responce. I installed a accurizing kit, made by volquartsen, in my ruger mark II. The kit went in easy enough and I like the feel of the trigger. The problem is I get a miss fire out of every clip. It lookslike It isnt hitting the rim hard enough. Has anyone had this trouble and found a solution?

Posts: 47 | Location: NW Iowa | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Volquartsen hammer is somewhat lighter in weight, so as to give a slightly faster lock time. Other people have also experienced occasional "light strikes". Try installing the original Ruger hammer. The biggest improvement comes from changing the sear, which drops the trigger pull down to about 2 - 2.5 lbs. The next best improvement comes from changing the trigger. The general opinion is that the Volquartsen hammer add very little.

If you still have trouble, surf over to http://www.markii.org/ and have a look.

Posts: 291 | Location: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: 03 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Volquartsen sear is the best part of the kit. I had their trigger and really didn't like it. It is wider than the trigger guard on the Mark II, so could be dangerous in a holster carried gun. It supposedly fits the 22/45 much better. I have since went back to the factory trigger, but I did have the factory target trigger which has some adjustment built into it, and a pretravel screw can easily be added.

Posts: 86 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 17 January 2006Reply With Quote