Find
Notify
Tools

The .22 LR at 1009 yards
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
These crazy kids seem to have had a lot of fun with this in spite of the frigid temperatures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NztX_o-055I

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The frozen lake makes a nice range.
Those Canadians know how to have fun.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My friends and I would do that after a field had been smooth harrowed before seeding down. Nothing is flat around here, so we could look down as well as across. More like 800 yds for us, and the target we would walk the shots onto was a darker patch of dirt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was fun to watch.
If nothing else, they were having tons of fun and staying out of mischief. I loved their enthusiasm. Man that looks cold!!!
Thanks Bill,

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2 Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They were having a great time. I enjoyed watching. Thanks, Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
tu2

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
One winter an old friend and I were out in a lake and Decided to start shooting at an ice target over 40@ yards away.
I had all the ammo in my pocket and we were using one of my nice accurate singleshots. After I shot a few my friend asked to shoot.
I had discovered a handful of CB caps in another pocket so loaded one and handed him the rifle. The shot sounded like a little pop compared with the long rifle loads I was using and you could see the bullet strike in the snow 100 yards in front of us.
He asked what happened and I told him he probably hadn't pulled the trigger hard enough

So I then loaded a LR and instructed him to really pull the trigger really hard. You could see him really yank it, it made a much loader sound and the bullet went 300 yards farther.

He then said he had been a Marine and they had never taught him that !

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4187 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:
One winter an old friend and I were out in a lake and Decided to start shooting at an ice target over 40@ yards away.
I had all the ammo in my pocket and we were using one of my nice accurate singleshots. After I shot a few my friend asked to shoot.
I had discovered a handful of CB caps in another pocket so loaded one and handed him the rifle. The shot sounded like a little pop compared with the long rifle loads I was using and you could see the bullet strike in the snow 100 yards in front of us.
He asked what happened and I told him he probably hadn't pulled the trigger hard enough

So I then loaded a LR and instructed him to really pull the trigger really hard. You could see him really yank it, it made a much loader sound and the bullet went 300 yards farther.

He then said he had been a Marine and they had never taught him that !

rotflmo

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1213 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote