THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RIMFIRE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Rim Fire Rifles & Pistols    CCI/Speer Copper-22 22LR 21 Grain Copper Lead Free

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCI/Speer Copper-22 22LR 21 Grain Copper Lead Free
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted
Has anyone tried these? Since I live in Commiefornia, I need to use these to shoot any game such as rabbits and rodents.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MeMe:
Has anyone tried these? Since I live in Commiefornia, I need to use these to shoot any game such as rabbits and rodents.

Accuracy isn't much, but better than getting a ticket or staying home. Better than the tin ones that Winchester sold. Lead-free with shotguns now too...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14370 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats a sad deal when you have to use a premium priced 22 round. I'd go broke

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
Yes, Premium Priced.
50 rounds - 11.99
Paperwork, DROS, Taxes - 4.77
Total 16.76

Could have bought a stick of 1/2" copper pipe for that.

It is sad that I have to move out of state to use up all of my lead ammo.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MeMe:
It is sad that I have to move out of state to use up all of my lead ammo.

I'll burn off the 22 RF at benchrest shoots, maybe peddle the centerfire bullets to out-or-state hunters and reload copper from now on.
Not interested in two scope settings for lead and copper.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Posts: 14370 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I've done some testing with the CCI Copper and the accuracy was hideous with several really accurate handguns and rifles that I tried. (The previous attempt at a nonlead CCI 22LR was really poor accuracy also.)

While it's relative, the tin bullets made by Winchester are the "most" accurate of the nonlead 22LR I've tried. But they're still not consistently "Minute of Squirrel".

I've joked that the nonlead ammo for 22LR must be designed by squirrels....

I'd pay stupid money for an accurate 22LR just so I could just do a bit of hunting with my good ol' 22's again.

But I'm sick of waiting so I've switched to 17 HMR for rifle. There are several ridiculously accurate nonlead loads for the 17 HMR.

And I've heard good things about the nonlead 22 Mag so I'm going to eventually give that a try in a handgun. I've got one of the new 8-shot S&W 648 revolvers on order.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I know. I have a metal shop + buy cases of 50/50 solder for use on flashings, etc. They all have to have the warning labels on each spool that lead causes cancer in California. What idiot came up with all that/

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
Thank You for the information.
I knew I could ask a question here and get answers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does this mean that the LE types are shooting lead free? Can you do a stop and search on a gang banger to see if his 9 is loaded with lead free? In all the years I have been duck hunting I think I have been asked once, maybe, if I was shooting steel. It will be interesting to see how seriously the fish and game guys take all this.
C.G.B.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgbach:
Does this mean that the LE types are shooting lead free? Can you do a stop and search on a gang banger to see if his 9 is loaded with lead free? In all the years I have been duck hunting I think I have been asked once, maybe, if I was shooting steel. It will be interesting to see how seriously the fish and game guys take all this.
C.G.B.

We're still allowed to shoot each other with lead, same as before. Condors do not eat us like Griffon Vultures, so it's all good...

TomP