New
Find
Notify
Tools

THANKS FOR THE 6/19 BANNER Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Thanks!! tu2

Posts: 2350 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is June Teenth Freedom Day?

Posts: 10756 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this something from Seattle?

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Until a week ago I had never heard of Juneteenth. Now the media makes it sound like a holiday we have celebrated for many years. Must be white privilege at work.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13135 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had never heard of pi day until this year.

Posts: 10756 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
A few years ago the old Western Auto store on the town square in Georgetown used to give out calendars at the 1st of the year with moon signs, best fishing days, etc. I appreciated that on MLK day it was listed as Robert E. Lee's birthday. It is also interesting to note that until recently all the courthouse clock towers in the south had the north-facing clock telling the incorrect time. They wouldn't give the Yankees the time of day.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Yes thanks for the banner. patriot

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2789 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
June 19th is celebrated by blacks in Texas. This is just a generally accepted date that news of the Emancipation Proclamation reached Texas. I had not heard of this being celebrated in any other state. It is frequently called Juneteenth.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
To hear the media preach, this has been a well known national remembrance for years.i grew up in south GA and around here ( the population is at least 50% black), no one has ever heard of it, much less celebrated it..... popcorn

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13135 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Same for me. I grew up in Utah and had never heard of it there, or here in Nevada for the last 37 years, until all of this shizz started. In fact, I have a lot of black friends and none of them have ever talked about it. Go figure.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
the population is at least 50% black), no one has ever heard of it, much less celebrated it.....

and just how many of these afore mentioned blacks do you know? In Jacksonville Florida Juneteenth is quite well know but not necessarily openly celebrated.
Perhaps jdollar living in South Georgia you have never heard of axe handle Saturday? There was a black demonstration in the streets downtown so some whites met in a barber shop and started handing out (free) axe handles. The cops came by and said "we can only give you 10 minutes and then we are going to have to break it up"! Oh wait! That's fake news, right! It's the liberal media. "But, it was only 60 years ago, there are people who are still alive who saw it and participated in the demonstration!" "Well, they are just lying!"
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote