Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
For the banner. A truly horrible day, not just for the US but the whole world.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Lest anyone forget the evil in this world.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

Some have forgotten. Congress has yet to extend the health care benefits of the first responders who are still sick from breathing in the toxic fumes that day.

Don

Posts: 26535 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
14 years ago I was on the USS Nimitz and just woke up for my shift. As I passed through the berthing ladder well I noticed that the television had an image of the twin towers with an aircraft crashed into them. Thinking this was fairly bizare, I went up and took a shower and came back. After I got dressed I stopped by to take another gander at the TV and saw the rest of the horror as another aircraft crashed into the 2nd tower.

About an hour later, the commander of the Nimitz came on and told us we were going to war, and that he didn't know where we were going but the Joint Chiefs had told him to make his way to the coast of Pakistan and prepare for war.

About two weeks later me and about 300 of my shipmates flew by Ch-53 and COD to the mountains of Pakistan to upload aircraft missiles as the Pakistani government didn't want the United States Military flying over the whole of Pakistan with live ordnance. He renigged a little later, but it took them a few days to get us out. It was cold and we were not really packed for the area.

About a week later after running out of rations and living on Pakistani food and water for a week tey got us back to the ship.

We started the air campaign into Afghanistan a few days later, and continued to bomb the hell out of Afghan for the next 4 months.

I made it back to Afghanistan quite a few more times before I retired, deployed from Baghram.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree! Thanks for the memory and the banner.
Most of our sheep have already forgotten.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The sheep may have forgotten...but the sheepdogs have not....at least this one.

NEVER FORGET!!!!!!

Posts: 610 | Location: NC | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

Some have forgotten. Congress has yet to extend the health care benefits of the first responders who are still sick from breathing in the toxic fumes that day.

Don

Do you really expect anything useful from politicians??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66751 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, the House has voted 54 times to repeal Obamacare so obviously they think that is more important!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What happened on 9-11 was a crime against all humanity.

And it should never be forgotten.

But, as history shows, we seem to be very selective in what want to remember.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66751 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote