New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you for the ANZAC banner Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
My fondest memories of Australia stemmed around ANZAC BBQ's, Breakfast and dawn mornings at the Canberra War Memorial.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incredible men that we remember on Anzac Day....
Truly brave...
Thanks.

Posts: 10133 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Canberra War Memorial is good.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great banner and video.

One of Us
Picture of badboymelvin
posted Hide Post
To see this banner just then made me proud to be a member here.

Thank you

You'll probably never NEED a gun. In fact I hope you never do. BUT IF you do, you will probably need it worse than anything you've ever needed before in your life...

Posts: 160 | Location: Melbourne, Australia  | Registered: 19 August 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don and Saeed, thank you for remembering Anzac Day! I don't know what the current generation of Turks say, but about 90 years ago Kemal Ataturk said this about Gallipoli:

"Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives…
You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side here in this country of ours…
You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."

Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
Australia and New Zealand are two of my favorite places to visit. We were in Melbourne and Tas for 3 weeks in January. Seems like a lifetime ago.

Posts: 26536 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
My fondest memories of Australia stemmed around ANZAC BBQ's, Breakfast and dawn mornings at the Canberra War Memorial.

Thank you for your service tu2

ANZAC Day was a very quiet affair this year. We have a lot to be grateful for to those that served, and continue to serve.

DRSS

Posts: 1904 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote