Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forum Anomaly Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Lately, whenever I post, for some reason clicking on "post now" causes the site to close completely, aside from the "thank your for contributing" message.

I've only noticed it in the past few weeks.
I use Windows 7 and Chrome, and an internet connection through US Cellular connected to my PC.

My posts appear as they should, and I can easily reopen the site, but it's never been a problem in the past.

It may be something on my end, but I thought I would mention it to see if anyone else has similar issues.

Thanks for the great site.

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Thank you for letting us know.

Everything is normal for me, and I am logging using several devices and software.

Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari.

Wireless, cell and wired network!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66890 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snyper:
Lately, whenever I post, for some reason clicking on "post now" causes the site to close completely, aside from the "thank your for contributing" message.

I've only noticed it in the past few weeks.
I use Windows 7 and Chrome, and an internet connection through US Cellular connected to my PC.

My posts appear as they should, and I can easily reopen the site, but it's never been a problem in the past.

It may be something on my end, but I thought I would mention it to see if anyone else has similar issues.

Thanks for the great site.

Do you have a second browser like Firefox? Does it do it on that as well.

I see no sign of anything amiss in the server. And it works here on Firefox, Explorer and Chrome.

Maybe a cookie issue?

Don

Posts: 26536 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Testing Internet Explorer...
Got kicked off again...
I'll try clearing cookies and cleaning up temporary files.
I don't have the best internet connection, and I don't have Firefox. I connect through an Android cell phone that seems to work best with Chrome.

Thanks!

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's still doing the same thing.
This is the only site that is affected.

I'll try logging out and then back in to see if
that "resets" something.
(If I can remember my password) Wink

One shot , one kill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Testing one more time...

ETA: It's still closing the site whenever I post.

One shot , one kill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trying something different..............

One shot , one kill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And it actually worked!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem seems to be something in the AOL software I use. Up until the end of last year I only had access to dial-up service.

Now I access the internet through a cell phone connection, but I still use AOL Gold since I have years worth of "favorites" that I would have to transfer, and I am used to that format.

This time I closed the AOL and used Chrome by itself, and the problem went away.

It seems it's not this site at all.

I should have tried this method sooner.

Thanks!!

One shot , one kill

Administrator
posted Hide Post
AOL software has always been a problem in the past!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66890 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote