New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reply length Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted
Is there some time or size restriction on a reply. I seem to sometimes start a reply and in the middle of writing it it just vanishes. For the life I can't restore it. Am I doing something incorrectly or do I have something set incorrectly? I have tried to enter this one reply and this has happened on 3 occaisons. I will admit the replys are probably a page in length and I do not type very rapidly.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
There is no size restriction that I am aware of; I think the problem lies with your browser clearing cache during your post, not the AR software.

Which browser are you using? Is it up to date? Are using using a computer, tablet, iPad, or a mobile phone?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I am using an HP2000 laptop. The browser is either Chrome or Explorer. Currently using Chrome. It has happened with both browsers. As far as I know everything is current.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Zim, I have had the same problem. I am using a Sony VAIO and I assumed it was something with the keyboard touch sensing capability that it has, and that I HATE.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I have this problem sometimes when posting from my tablet (Samsung Slate with Win 8). I use Firefox and read/post from a few different machines.

Where my "problem" lies is that I have my tablet set up to delete cookies after every browsing session. It will apparently also delete them when I am using the machine. It is possible that one of my otehr background programs is doing this, don't know.

Anyway, it is not a big deal -except- when I am writing a lengthy post and I suspect the cookies get all cleared out. Then sometimes I end up having to re-sign in. If I do that any writing that I have done is gone and not anywhere to be found.

Anyway, if you have a privacy setting somewhere that dumps the cookies that is probably the cause, or at least it is my cause. I want that feature so my work-around is to just copy stuff before I hit send. Then if it disappears it's no trouble to re-paste it.

If I wasn't so exceptionally lazy, I'd use CCleaner (free) and configure it to delete cookies and set up exceptions to disregard Accuratereloading.com

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I agree with Peter; laptops with touchpad sensitivity set too high are prone to this (it's happened to me on my laptop if I brushed across the keypad inadvertently).

Turn the touchpad sensitivity down (or off).

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I don't even use the touchpad,I use a corded mouse. The touchpad is turned off. Only reason I posted as this is the only forum it happens on. I can write forever on all the others. Just wondered if it was a parameter or I had something set incorrectly. I'm not very knowledgable about PC's as I have said before.I barely know how to respond much less do anything fancy.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Please excuse me for posting this. I didn't realize I had posted before and the answers are the same as last time. Please excuse this post. My ignorance of PC's again shows thru. Just reinforces my dislike for them.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS