New
Find
Notify
Tools
Super stupid question Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted
I have been chastised for typing some words in Caps for emphasis. Obviously it annoys some for some reason. I do it simply because I'm not proficient with these mickey mouse PC's. I would underline the word but don't know how to cause an underline to appear. Any help would be appreciated as I don't wish to offend anyone by accident,I reserve that for the times I actually mean to offend.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005
one of us
posted Hide Post
Zim -

You can bold or italicise your words with the buttons above (one marked with a "B" for "bold," the other marked with "I" for "italicise." Simply punch the desired button and type in the text that you want to emphasise.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Or you can type the words in caps if you want to and let the internet grammar Nazi's eat cake.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or you can type the words in caps if you want to and let the internet grammar Nazi's eat cake.

tu2

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Zim, might I also suggest hitting the "return" key occasionally to separate paragraphs.

I try to read your posts about your trips to Zimbabwe, but it is sometimes difficult.

Just a suggestion.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
oh - i thought by the title you were asking if a blaser was a real rife Big Grin killpc

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
All caps is considered shouting in net etiquette.

here is a briefer on the subject, as it isn't at all inherently understood
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etiquette_in_technology

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:

SO DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

Big Grin

Don

Posts: 26540 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I have asked and I have been instructed. I still do not know know how to underline nor italicize a word so I shall continue to use caps or just don't comment.
As far as paragraphs, I didn't think I actually wrote anything over a single paragraph long. I am not a knowelable person on English grammar (it is my brother who has a Phd in Linguistics and was an English Professor at Ole Miss) but it was my understanding of college freshman English (which is really almost all the English I took in college) that paragraphs were used to change thought or subject matter and I suppose to increase readability when you think of it. I shall try to be better in this respect - in fact- I shall even try to indent.
butchloc - I HAVE been confused for years about the Blaser but I finally came to the conclusion sometime ago that It was actually a joke that someone put together to confuse some of us into thinking it was a real rifle.
The indent didn't work shall have to try again.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
Wait, you understand how to bold now but not italicize? The buttons are right next to each other.

If paragraphs are in single space and separated by a blank line, you don't indent.

Posts: 440 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003
one of us
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, there is no way to underline text with this forum software; if you want to emphasise something, the only options that I know are to italicise it or put it in bold...or put it in caps! dancing

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Thank you all but I don't even know how to put it in bold so I guess I will just have to keep yelling and apologize in advance to all those it offends. As the administrator has told me to stop I suppose I should but I'm not going to.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
Zim -

When you hit the "reply" button, a box opens up for you to type in.

If you look right above where you are typing, there are several "buttons" such as a happy face, a painter's pallete etc.

The one with a B is for making bold type, and the one with an I is for making italicised type.

Hope this helps.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:

SO DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

Big Grin

Don

lol

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
TASUNKAWITKO thank you I had never known what those meant and I click on nothing I don't have an idea what it does.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not so sure what the problem is
quote:
As I never have this problem. You must be special.
I did not know how to use this too.

Posts: 10152 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nilly

These are cool too but not sure what they are.

Posts: 10152 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of hidden codes too. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for informing me on the capabilities shown in the upper line. I never execute anything I am not sure what it does. On old mainframe computers which are the only ones I am familiar with this was an invitation for disaster. I am not in the least proficient with PC's and dislike them greatly but there is no alternative in todays world where almost everything is dependent on the internet. It is my fear that we will come to regret it and the first nail in that plank is the FCC's acquisition of control of it. I can almost guarantee it will cost more in the not too distant future. I again thank you for your assisstance in this better understanding of the reply form.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
Who cares if someone is offended. Is there anything that doesn't offend people these days?

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Jarrod - I dislike offending someone thru my ignorance. I have found thru the years that I enjoy offending someone much more if they realize I am trying to offend. To do it by accident is such a waste.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's cool I didn't know how it worked. Colors also?

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1293 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod:
Who cares if someone is offended. Is there anything that doesn't offend people these days?

wow.. just wow .. allow me to quote Hienlien "An armed society is a polite society." Which has been further evaluated with "many persons are rude in a police state, where there are no personal consequences for rude behavior from their fellow citizens. They feel that they can act and speak as they please, without fear of immediate physical reprisal from their "victims""

However, gentlemanly behavior is expected here, as anyone can review in our Terms of Service

quote:

Welcome to the AccurateReloading.com forums.
They are free, all we ask in return is you obey our three suggestions. We ask you be civil to your fellow members, refrain from posting pictures not related to hunting and shooting and do not spam our board.

Thanks and enjoy.
Saeed and Don

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zimbabwe:
Jarrod - I dislike offending someone thru my ignorance. I have found thru the years that I enjoy offending someone much more if they realize I am trying to offend. To do it by accident is such a waste.

Now that is downright funny whether it's in plain, bold, italics, underlined, or a combination, LOL!

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:
quote:
Originally posted by zimbabwe:

Now that is downright funny whether it's in plain, bold, italics, underlined, or a combination, LOL!

I agree completely!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003