Find
Notify
Tools

May I post a Plea for Legal Defense Fund Login/Join 
One Of Us
posted
Post Deleted

470EDDY

Posts: 2557 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Steve,

You can post it on the Alaskan Hunting Forum, as it only affects Alaska.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
OK, super! I thought I might post a "reference" to it in Africa to get attention- "Have you hunted Alaska in last 5 years?"....see my post in ALASKA Forum. Is that ok too??

Hope all is well in UAE these days. We are all shuddering over the upcoming election and the prospect of a CRIMINAL in the President's office??....our guns are at risk, along with the economy and >>>>>>??
We can only hope for a Brexit Phenomenon!!

Cheers,
Steve

470EDDY

Posts: 2557 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, let's see. We have a "young District Court Judge", an attorney who is an NRA Board Member who failed to represent his client, false charges AND the prospect of a criminal in the President's Office. The whole thing sounds rigged to me! One question though: since when does the Judge charge someone? I thought that was the job of the prosecutor? Silly me!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Prosecutors ask for or suggest sentences, judges commute the sentences!!

Cheers,

470EDDY

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He is charged by a new young District Court Judge

Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wasilla guide gets jail time for Delta area hunts

By Sam Friedman Sfriedman@newsminer.com May 13, 2016 (1)

FAIRBANKS — A former Wasilla hunting guide was sentenced Wednesday to 20 days in jail and a $25,000 fine Thursday for guiding-related criminal convictions.

Richard Alan Kinmon, 64, will forfeit an eight-wheeled ATV used in his hunts as part of the sentence and his guiding license will be revoked for three years.

Kinmon faced 34 charges for hunts he took clients on in the Delta Junction area between 2008 and 2011. Charges were filed in 2014. This February a six-member Delta Junction jury convicted Kinmon on 11 misdemeanor counts. The jury acquitted him on one count and prosecutors dismissed the remaining charges.

The convictions related to Kinmon’s conduct on four guided hunts, according to a Friday news release from Alaska’s Department of Law.

“The evidence at trial showed that on multiple occasions, Kinmon had allowed his clients to hunt without the proper tags and harvest tickets, guided hunters for species that he was not authorized to guide for, and submitted false information about his hunts in an effort to conceal his misconduct,” the news release states.

Kinmon was convicted of five counts of committing or aiding in a violation of fish and game laws, five counts of second-degree tampering with a public record and one count of failure to report a violation of hunting regulations.

Kinmon’s attorney, Wallace Teltlow, of Anchorage, was out of the office and not available for comment Friday.

Prosecutor Aaron Peterson, with the Alaska Office of Special Prosecutions and Appeals, said Friday that it’s not very common for fish and game cases in Alaska to result in jail time. Kinmon’s 20-day sentence will serve as a deterrent, he said.

“What we’re going for here is that people have to know that we want everybody to enjoy the resources that are here within the confines of the law,” he said by phone from Anchorage. “People should know that if they set out to intentionally break the law or cover up violations that there will be consequences.”

Kinmon had a few previous hunting-related convictions in the Delta Junction district court. In 2009 he pleaded guilty to violating moose hunting seasons and bag limits. In 2010 he pleaded guilty to using a motorized vehicle in the Delta Controlled Use Area.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/...04-3f95dd5bcf3e.html

Is this the same case and he is now in the appeals process or is he under a new set of charges?

This article says he was convicted on 11 counts, acquitted on one charge by a 6 person Jury and the remainder of the charges were dropped by the prosecutor.

I'm not trying to be an ass but before I send any of my money to a person or cause I like to know the whole story and what you have posted doesn't match what I found online.

If you could clarify the details and provide more information about the situation he is facing I would really appreciate it.

Posts: 2329 | Location: uSA | Registered: 02 February 2009Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
That is the major issue my friend....these were all contrived and he had poor defense!! Now it could affect all of us.
I am waiting for an edited post OK from him, then I will post in the Alaska Forum.
They have done exactly what they intended, take a high profile guide/outfitter and financially break him....sets the scene for all others to fear!!
This is a very BAD Precedent and may affect all guided hunting if it stands!!
Your post is exactly the feared reaction of APHA last year that they would get painted with if they had openly supported him!

No Cheers Here!!

470EDDY

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CowboyCS:
quote:
Wasilla guide gets jail time for Delta area hunts

By Sam Friedman Sfriedman@newsminer.com May 13, 2016 (1)

FAIRBANKS — A former Wasilla hunting guide was sentenced Wednesday to 20 days in jail and a $25,000 fine Thursday for guiding-related criminal convictions.

Richard Alan Kinmon, 64, will forfeit an eight-wheeled ATV used in his hunts as part of the sentence and his guiding license will be revoked for three years.

Kinmon faced 34 charges for hunts he took clients on in the Delta Junction area between 2008 and 2011. Charges were filed in 2014. This February a six-member Delta Junction jury convicted Kinmon on 11 misdemeanor counts. The jury acquitted him on one count and prosecutors dismissed the remaining charges.

The convictions related to Kinmon’s conduct on four guided hunts, according to a Friday news release from Alaska’s Department of Law.

“The evidence at trial showed that on multiple occasions, Kinmon had allowed his clients to hunt without the proper tags and harvest tickets, guided hunters for species that he was not authorized to guide for, and submitted false information about his hunts in an effort to conceal his misconduct,” the news release states.

Kinmon was convicted of five counts of committing or aiding in a violation of fish and game laws, five counts of second-degree tampering with a public record and one count of failure to report a violation of hunting regulations.

Kinmon’s attorney, Wallace Teltlow, of Anchorage, was out of the office and not available for comment Friday.

Prosecutor Aaron Peterson, with the Alaska Office of Special Prosecutions and Appeals, said Friday that it’s not very common for fish and game cases in Alaska to result in jail time. Kinmon’s 20-day sentence will serve as a deterrent, he said.

“What we’re going for here is that people have to know that we want everybody to enjoy the resources that are here within the confines of the law,” he said by phone from Anchorage. “People should know that if they set out to intentionally break the law or cover up violations that there will be consequences.”

Kinmon had a few previous hunting-related convictions in the Delta Junction district court. In 2009 he pleaded guilty to violating moose hunting seasons and bag limits. In 2010 he pleaded guilty to using a motorized vehicle in the Delta Controlled Use Area.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/...04-3f95dd5bcf3e.html

Is this the same case and he is now in the appeals process or is he under a new set of charges?

This article says he was convicted on 11 counts, acquitted on one charge by a 6 person Jury and the remainder of the charges were dropped by the prosecutor.

I'm not trying to be an ass but before I send any of my money to a person or cause I like to know the whole story and what you have posted doesn't match what I found online.

If you could clarify the details and provide more information about the situation he is facing I would really appreciate it.

The ADFG and Fish & Wildlife Troopers need to hang every one of these poaching, above the law S.O.B "guides" they can catch!

Posts: 2350 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So, he was found guilty by a jury, not by a "new young District court judge."
Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're going to have to come up with some VERY hard facts that contra-indicate his current conviction. They will have to be point by point and show why he was "railroaded". Otherwise, sounds like he was convicted by a jury of his peers and the sentence doesn't sound all that severe to me IF the charges are not contrived on some technicality. Frankly your initial post doesn't begin to reflect reality or the conviction. Your turn......

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not find any other posts on this in Africa nor Alaska. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. The average Joe Blow could be unaware of some small technicality, but still be guilty. A guide WOULD know and it sounds like he was guilty of knowingly committing a bunch of crimes. Toyota--You asked for it you got it.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Guys...been out hunting.

I stand fully behind Rick Kinmon, I believe he is innocent.
Why would a person that is guilty NOT take the Plea offer and put this behind him??
He would NOT lie to make the Plea...He is Fighting for his Profession....and is now $160K into the fight!!
Have you ever heard of "Prosecution in the Public View" via Liberal Media....exactly what you guys are doing...just like the Election bantering by liberal media...that's what you have posted...the State media release....No Real Facts and Data!!...OPINIONS SOAR!!
Have you ever heard of wrongful prosecution?

The other case that is mentioned regarding use of motor vehicle....was a SELF REPORTED incident in the Delta Junction Wildlife Area...trooper charged him vs WARNING!! From Aug 5-15 this restriction is in place. Kinmon asked for guidance in moving his Argo from highway to edge of Delta River....all semantics and opinion on Boundary....Frankly, the Delta Junction Sporting Goods Store and Meat Packing Shop...are BOTH also within the boundary...so if you drive-truck, Quad, Argo into them...you are in violation!!
I will put up post in Alaska Forum shortly.

Cheers,

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
470 Eddy--He was NOT convicted by a newspaper. It was a JURY. Were newspaper articles presented to the jury to get the conviction? Most likely they had other evidence to go on.

I don't get the point on the trooper WARNING VS Charging. Isn't that always their option? I don't understand what the violation was.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
The boundaries of the Reserve area are VERY nebulous. Rick drove his Argo from roadside to riverside during the NO Motor Vehicles period. He tried to clarify the movements in/out of the "launching" area with the Trooper...ie self reported. The Trooper wrote a ticket, ie charged him for operating a motor vehicle in the reserve area....he could have issued a Warning...
The point is nebulous boundary of the NO Motor Vehicle zone...which includes the sports store and meat packing facility too....Rick was "charged" when he tried to understand and TRY to comply with the regulation!!

Cheers,

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is an officers choice to cite or warn someone. It is not someone else's place to say what he should of done. The option is his.

Guilty as charged and convicted. He was convicted by a jury not a judge.

The only way of changing that is to appeal and that is not based on the elements of the case but whether there was an error in procedure/ruling's by the judge.

I am going to send a donation to the State Troopers.

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like this guy was on a lot of ADFG radars because of past violations. Finally caught up to him. Play stupid games, get stupid results!