New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time out from the cess pool anyone? Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
It's nice not to be spending much time in the PF during the Nüremburg trials. I am reasonably happy and stress-free, and my blood pressure is showing favorable numbers.

hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16287 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2349 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Non of us here have any effect on what happened and what the outcome will be.

Politicians and lawyers tearing each other apart, the more of each other they destroy the better. jumping

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66699 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
someone will tell me what happened when it's over.
neither outcome will affect me so??

Posts: 4960 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Right on Bill. There is no point in being stressed over something you have no control of.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thought for the Day - Amazing how words on a screen from strangers you will never meet (or would ever want to meet) can elicit emotional reactions in some. If you go to online discussion forums for anything more than entertainment value, you really need to reexamine your life.

Good luck with all that. tu2

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True. I have never gone on a discussion forum but just dealing with online (non) entities it can be a lesson in frustration when one deals with jerks that have lots of balls in cyberspace but would NEVER talk like that to your face.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
True. I have never gone on a discussion forum but just dealing with online (non) entities it can be a lesson in frustration when one deals with jerks that have lots of balls in cyberspace but would NEVER talk like that to your face.

You have to admit, though, they do provide us with lots of entertainment clap

Posts: 66699 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
You have to admit, though, they do provide us with lots of entertainment clap

True.
After you get over the embarrassment & shame (these do nothing fucktards were elected to lead the U.S.A.?) There is some entertainment value! Best of luck to all! tu2

Posts: 2349 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I have friends who live for every second of the hearings, squealing with glee at each new revelation, flip-flop or other embarrassment. They are normally very nice human beings. The same might possibly be said for our friends wallowing in the PF muck.

cuckoo

– John Green, author

Posts: 16287 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
It's nice not to be spending much time in the PF during the Nüremburg trials. I am reasonably happy and stress-free, and my blood pressure is showing favorable numbers.

hilbily

Big Grin

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, my old friend Molly Ivens (newspaper columnist in Austin) once said that the key to living in tranquility in Austin is never getting on IH 35. True. I apply that same logic to the PF.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Randy, I remember Molly. Great sense of humor.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Getting out of cell coverage and going hunting is always good for my health.

I’m back, and behind current events. Oh well.

Cool

Posts: 10467 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve been a member for nearly 15 years and the single time I have ever been in the political forum is when someone posted a link in the African Hunting forum asking for input on a hunting issue; when I realized I was in the political forum I left without responding. It never ceases to amaze me that grown people come to a hunting forum looking for political advice or validation. I consider it akin to someone going to Fox News or CNN and asking for advice on elephant hunting.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3499 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
I’ve been a member for nearly 15 years and the single time I have ever been in the political forum is when someone posted a link in the African Hunting forum asking for input on a hunting issue; when I realized I was in the political forum I left without responding. It never ceases to amaze me that grown people come to a hunting forum looking for political advice or validation. I consider it akin to someone going to Fox News or CNN and asking for advice on elephant hunting.

Hahahahaha! Very well said!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Where else in the world would one find, all in one place, a habitual criminal, with multi bankruptcies, a coward who absolutely refused to serve his country, be appointed in charge of the US treasury and handed the position of the Commander in Chief of the military?

Where else would one find a US Senator, whose husband works as consultant for the Chinese government?

Where else would one find a US Senator, claiming that a Red Indian has plugged one of her ancestors, so she could claim to be one?

Where else would one find a brainless waitress who could not even do a good job of serving coffee, get to be in line to rule America?

You lot do not know how lucky you are that we provide all these services to you.

And the best part is, no one here wants to take your guns away, tax you, stop you from aborting your unwanted babies, or force you to marry another creature of the same sex.

Or vote for an elephant or a donkey.

Here you are actually TOTALLY FREE.

Compliments of dictatorship! rotflmo

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Always get a kick out of your "fresh take," Saeed! Big Grin

– John Green, author

one of us
posted Hide Post
I get the sense from these posts that there is some wistful feeling that things could be better, but hey...!
From my perspective, we are seeing a complete change in dialogue. Instead of someone disagreeing with you but "hey, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion", anyone who disagrees with me is "the enemy". Things were not always like this. Additionally, all topics seem to be tied back to politics. A prime example is the new post by Beretta682 in the Concealed Carry forum. He posted a situation, and one of the responses was "It's all Obama's fault"!
This is of course, not just in the USA. The UK is experiencing similar polarizations, as are other countries in Europe. In fact, the only prerequisite seems to be freedom of speech!! However, the times they ARE a'changing.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Need a like button, Peter.
I have cousins born and raised in Guatemala. The conversation went, "If you are not with us, then you must be a Communist."

– John Green, author

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sadly, politics has become worse than religion, and we all know how that has gone with the human race.

Every side wants to impose THEIR convoluted ideas on the other side, instead of saying let’s us live in peace.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Funny how the primordial scum crawls its way out of the Crater from time to time only to pollute other forums.

The Crater needs a lid and a better janitor.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Saeed, you are right, of course.
Opus, we wore out poor Don as janitor of the PF.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
X2