Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

where to put a discussion Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I would like to inform the folks on AR of ITAR. so many folks uninformed and believe they can pretty much send anything they want to folks in other countries, and I'd like to let them know about ITAR and what it doesn't allow, and ramifications for doing something illegal under it. I know from personal experience. About 9 years ago, sent , or tried to, some 303 Savage new cases to a friend in RSA. RSA has no problem with it, but my pkg one that was pulled for looking at and the customs declaration plainly said, 303S reloadable brass. It got a "hold" put on it, and eventually confiscated and I got a "visit" from Homeland Security to advise me of what I'd done wrong, and just a talking to "this time" but don't let it happen again. Violations under ITAR are deemed Felonies, so it convicted, even if not punishment, could prevent a person from owning firearms. So I'd like to put up something on it. Have seen a number of mis-informed , or wishful thinking posts on it, and want to get the truth out. Thanks

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Please post on the AFRICA - REFERNCE forum.

Thank you for doing this.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66766 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Thanks indeed! There are so many laws + restrictions out there that we have no knowledge of but as the old saying goes,ignorance is no excuse.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just went to that page, and tried to put up a new discussion and got a note saying I didn't have authority to do so. So need how to do it.

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote