New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prepper forum please. Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
Especially with the pandemic and the potential need to defend yourself in this or the next natural disaster... How about a prepper forum? Lots of shooting related stuff in there. I nominate myself to be a moderator Cool

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Give me a good reason why, and I might consider it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Preppers are all about guns for defense.
Prepping can not only save your life but prevent you from needing help in a natural disaster or any social break down. Self sufficiency is a great ethic that needs preserving and passing on. here is a good list of 15 reasons

1. Unemployment

How well would you fare if you lost your job? In the United States, unemployment benefits only pay about half of what you were earning with a maximum of $300 to $600 a week, depending on which state you live in. And in this economy, it can take a long time to find another job. But if you’re a prepper, you will already have food, cash, and supplies on hand to help you get by until you find another job.

2. Financial Emergencies

Unemployment isn’t the only situation where your preps could come in handy. Life is full of surprise expenses: car repairs, medical bills, death in the family, who knows? Prepping is like buying insurance against all sorts of unexpected problems. But unlike insurance, the money you spend on prepping doesn’t go to waste if nothing happens because most preps are things you will eat or use anyway. So in fact, prepping is better than insurance.

3. Never Run Out of Anything

Too often people run out of microwaveable meals and don’t have the ingredients to make anything else, so they just order a pizza. But at least in that case you can get someone to bring you food. What if you run out of dish soap, or painkillers, or toilet paper? Rather than having to order food or make a run to the store, you’ll already have everything you need.

4. Save Money

There are many ways prepping can help you save money. For one, when you go shopping you can focus on items that are on sale. If something you normally buy isn’t on sale, you can wait and buy more next time it’s on sale because you already have extra at home. Prepping is also a hedge against inflation.

For example, if you are constantly rotating through a year’s supply of food, then you are always paying last year’s prices. Finally, as a prepper you’ll learn how to get multiple uses out of items you’d normally throw away. Doing this can be a huge money saver.

5. Retire Early

If you save enough money and learn how to be more self-sufficient, you might be able to retire several years earlier than you originally planned. If nothing else, perhaps you’ll afford to retire at 62 instead of 65.

6. Car Trouble

If your car breaks down and you’re stranded somewhere until help arrives, imagine how much better your situation will be if you have bottled water, snacks, a flashlight, blankets, a solar charger for your phone, and other gear in your emergency vehicle kit or get home bag.

7. Ordinary Violence

When I was six years old, I lived in a pretty safe neighborhood, but one night our neighbors got high on PCP, went crazy, and kicked in our front door, guns blazing. Literally. Fortunately, the man with the gun was so confused that he actually handed it to my dad. No one was hurt and, eventually, the police arrived and arrested them. But that story could have ended very differently.

The reason I share it is to remind you that violent crimes happen every day, even in areas that are relatively safe. But as a prepper, you’ll learn how to secure your home against invaders and defend yourself if they somehow get in anyway.

8. House Fires

Every year there are over 350,000 house fires in the United States. But if you and your family have fire extinguishers and an escape plan, you’ll all have a much better chance of avoiding injury or death.

9. Medical Emergencies

If there are several hospitals in your town, you might not think medical supplies are very important. But if you have a good first aid kit and know how to use it, you can vastly improve the injured person’s chance of survival while you wait for the ambulance to arrive.

10. Natural Disasters

Floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes… they happen all the time. Every year thousands of people die in these sorts of disasters and the rest of the world barely notices. Although it’s possible doomsday will never arrive, the chance of natural disasters striking hundreds of towns this year is 100%. What if your town is next? But if you’re a prepper, you’ll be able to bug out in time or ride out the disaster until things return to normal.

11. Power Outage

When there’s a natural disaster, the worst most people experience is a short power outage. But what if the power is out all day? Or all week? Would you be able to light your house, cook your food, and stay warm without power? Power outages are much more comfortable when you’re a prepper.

12. Stay in Shape

This depends on the type of prepping you do. But if you work in the garden, or go hunting on a regular basis, or build things for your homestead, you’ll be much healthier than you would be if you sat on the couch every evening.

13. Peace of Mind

This is one of the most important benefits of prepping. Whether doomsday arrives or not, at least you won’t have to worry about it as much. There’s an unfortunate stereotype that makes preppers look nervous and stressed out. But actually, if you know you can handle almost anything life throws your way, you’ll be much less stressed out than the average person.

14. Improve Self Esteem

Having the supplies you need and the skills to use them can not only bring you peace of mind but also make you proud of your efforts. One of the great things about prepping is you actually have something to show for it. And your self-esteem will be much higher if you feel confident rather than helpless at the prospect of disaster.

15. Bond With Friends and Family

Prepping is something everyone can work on together. It’s not just about stocking up on food and supplies. It’s about practicing survival skills, building things, and going on adventures such as hiking and camping. All these activities can bring you and your friends and family much closer together.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Here it is

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HerrBerg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Preppers are all about guns for defense.
Prepping can not only save your life but prevent you from needing help in a natural disaster or any social break down. Self sufficiency is a great ethic that needs preserving and passing on. here is a good list of 15 reasons

1. Unemployment

How well would you fare if you lost your job? In the United States, unemployment benefits only pay about half of what you were earning with a maximum of $300 to $600 a week, depending on which state you live in. And in this economy, it can take a long time to find another job. But if you’re a prepper, you will already have food, cash, and supplies on hand to help you get by until you find another job.

2. Financial Emergencies

Unemployment isn’t the only situation where your preps could come in handy. Life is full of surprise expenses: car repairs, medical bills, death in the family, who knows? Prepping is like buying insurance against all sorts of unexpected problems. But unlike insurance, the money you spend on prepping doesn’t go to waste if nothing happens because most preps are things you will eat or use anyway. So in fact, prepping is better than insurance.

3. Never Run Out of Anything

Too often people run out of microwaveable meals and don’t have the ingredients to make anything else, so they just order a pizza. But at least in that case you can get someone to bring you food. What if you run out of dish soap, or painkillers, or toilet paper? Rather than having to order food or make a run to the store, you’ll already have everything you need.

4. Save Money

There are many ways prepping can help you save money. For one, when you go shopping you can focus on items that are on sale. If something you normally buy isn’t on sale, you can wait and buy more next time it’s on sale because you already have extra at home. Prepping is also a hedge against inflation.

For example, if you are constantly rotating through a year’s supply of food, then you are always paying last year’s prices. Finally, as a prepper you’ll learn how to get multiple uses out of items you’d normally throw away. Doing this can be a huge money saver.

5. Retire Early

If you save enough money and learn how to be more self-sufficient, you might be able to retire several years earlier than you originally planned. If nothing else, perhaps you’ll afford to retire at 62 instead of 65.

6. Car Trouble

If your car breaks down and you’re stranded somewhere until help arrives, imagine how much better your situation will be if you have bottled water, snacks, a flashlight, blankets, a solar charger for your phone, and other gear in your emergency vehicle kit or get home bag.

7. Ordinary Violence

When I was six years old, I lived in a pretty safe neighborhood, but one night our neighbors got high on PCP, went crazy, and kicked in our front door, guns blazing. Literally. Fortunately, the man with the gun was so confused that he actually handed it to my dad. No one was hurt and, eventually, the police arrived and arrested them. But that story could have ended very differently.

The reason I share it is to remind you that violent crimes happen every day, even in areas that are relatively safe. But as a prepper, you’ll learn how to secure your home against invaders and defend yourself if they somehow get in anyway.

8. House Fires

Every year there are over 350,000 house fires in the United States. But if you and your family have fire extinguishers and an escape plan, you’ll all have a much better chance of avoiding injury or death.

9. Medical Emergencies

If there are several hospitals in your town, you might not think medical supplies are very important. But if you have a good first aid kit and know how to use it, you can vastly improve the injured person’s chance of survival while you wait for the ambulance to arrive.

10. Natural Disasters

Floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes… they happen all the time. Every year thousands of people die in these sorts of disasters and the rest of the world barely notices. Although it’s possible doomsday will never arrive, the chance of natural disasters striking hundreds of towns this year is 100%. What if your town is next? But if you’re a prepper, you’ll be able to bug out in time or ride out the disaster until things return to normal.

11. Power Outage

When there’s a natural disaster, the worst most people experience is a short power outage. But what if the power is out all day? Or all week? Would you be able to light your house, cook your food, and stay warm without power? Power outages are much more comfortable when you’re a prepper.

12. Stay in Shape

This depends on the type of prepping you do. But if you work in the garden, or go hunting on a regular basis, or build things for your homestead, you’ll be much healthier than you would be if you sat on the couch every evening.

13. Peace of Mind

This is one of the most important benefits of prepping. Whether doomsday arrives or not, at least you won’t have to worry about it as much. There’s an unfortunate stereotype that makes preppers look nervous and stressed out. But actually, if you know you can handle almost anything life throws your way, you’ll be much less stressed out than the average person.

14. Improve Self Esteem

Having the supplies you need and the skills to use them can not only bring you peace of mind but also make you proud of your efforts. One of the great things about prepping is you actually have something to show for it. And your self-esteem will be much higher if you feel confident rather than helpless at the prospect of disaster.

15. Bond With Friends and Family

Prepping is something everyone can work on together. It’s not just about stocking up on food and supplies. It’s about practicing survival skills, building things, and going on adventures such as hiking and camping. All these activities can bring you and your friends and family much closer together.

15 good reasons! Good thinking, boom stick.

Write hard and clear about what hurts
-E. Hemingway

Posts: 1723 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

~Ann

Posts: 19147 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
Thanks!

And another THANK YOU!!!!

Posts: 2350 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's how I build a fire starter. I cut an empty toilet paper spool in half cross ways so that I have a couple of shorter spools. I flute one end and fold the flutes inwards to create a bottom. I place a bunch of these spools in a paint tray and fill them with either dryer lint or sawdust. I then melt old candles and pour this over the spools. Makes a water proof fire starter about the size of a golf ball. Carry a few of these in a plastic shopping bag in my vehicles. Can be used to start charcoal. Haven't had much experience with this fire starter but you can soak corks (from wine bottles) in denatured alcohol and they will lite real easy.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess the prepper forum was short lived. My post over a week ago has been the last. Guess the topic has been thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
I guess the prepper forum was short lived. My post over a week ago has been the last. Guess the topic has been thoroughly discussed.

The prepper forum is just below the classifieds at the bottom or maybe I am seeing things dancing tu2 Looks like others have been keeping it alive waiting for you to remember where you left it??

Have a good one! tu2

Posts: 2350 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The prepper forum is just below the classifieds at the bottom or maybe I am seeing things Looks like others have been keeping it alive waiting for you to remember where you left it??

My bad I had not seen it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
quote:
The prepper forum is just below the classifieds at the bottom or maybe I am seeing things Looks like others have been keeping it alive waiting for you to remember where you left it??

My bad I had not seen it.

tu2 tu2