Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Concerns about AR Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Recent posts by Karl, have me concerned about AR. It seems that every time someone is "banned", they contact one of their buddies who raises hell on AR, gets people stirred up, and then it dies out (for a while).
I may be biased because I am not a friend of Mike Macguire or RIP, but IMHO, neither of them were particularly nice people. That being said, to tie the future of AR to either of them is ridiculous. Let's face it, there is not much new that can be said about the 458 WM, the 375 H&H, double rifles, the 500/416 etc. etc. Now when G S Custom's banded solids came out, the AR world was ablaze, rightly. I came here to learn about African hunting and double rifles. If I want to learn about Skeet shooting, I go to Shotgun World, although, truth be told, there isn't much new that can be said about Skeet shooting either! Ditto Bullseye Pistol Shooting. So, the fact that I don't live here is not a reflection of AR, simply that AR is not the home of all shooting sports, and there is not much new that can be said about many topics. But, I do come back, look around, join in occasionally, and enjoy myself. The infighting, not so much!
There are some fine people on here, and I don't mean people who agree with me!
Just FWIW,
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I agree Peter. There are a lot of great folks here on A.R. I have made many friends over the years that I would never have known otherwise.I agree with not having any use for some of the internal backbiting + negativity of some (+ they are in a very small group)But by + large everyone here is more interested in positive discussion + hopefully learning something. That's more than can be said for a lot of other places. I truly enjoy this site.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
AR is an international site.

Its members are from all walks of life, many nationalities, races and interests.

We respect everyone, and wish others would too.

Sadly, we do have rank idiots who think they can change anyone's mind and have them follow them like bloody sheep.

Take the religious zealots who leave because we post a religious occasion they do not participate in.

It is only them, and no one else.

Same goes for the idiots so strung on politics, and their worship of worthless, selfish idiots.

I respect all religions, all races, and all nationalities.

I have absolutely, positively, NO RESPECT for politicians, and their clueless cheerleaders.

Those are capable of thinking for themselves will see this.

Those who are totally brain washed, have their choice.

We are not going to change.

The same way we have been running the site for the past 23 years will continue.

I think many like minded members appreciate it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed Saeed, + thank you. I was recalling the old joke about the busload of American Indians on a sabbatical going over the cliff + everyone dies. When they get to heaven St. Peter says,
step onto the elevator + we will go to your floor in Heaven, One thing though, when you get to the 8th floor, stay very quiet. They make it + the guide aSKS WHY NO NOISE ON THE 8TH FLOOR? The Heavenly agent says, "That's the floor for the Southern Baptists; they think thry're he only ones here."

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
I may be biased because I am not a friend of Mike Macguire or RIP, but IMHO, neither of them were particularly nice people.

I take it you think you are a nice person?

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Indeed Saeed, + thank you. I was recalling the old joke about the busload of American Indians on a sabbatical going over the cliff + everyone dies. When they get to heaven St. Peter says,
step onto the elevator + we will go to your floor in Heaven, One thing though, when you get to the 8th floor, stay very quiet. They make it + the guide aSKS WHY NO NOISE ON THE 8TH FLOOR? The Heavenly agent says, "That's the floor for the Southern Baptists; they think thry're he only ones here."

There is heaven for Southern Baptists????

Posts: 1445 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
According to them, yes. They have that "Once saved, always saved" mentality (or lack of) + have totally forgotten about the "Thou shalt not." part.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:
I may be biased because I am not a friend of Mike Macguire or RIP, but IMHO, neither of them were particularly nice people.

I take it you think you are a nice person?

Apparently Ann, we need this guy judging everyone in order to improve the site. Saeed could maybe make him morality mod.

Im not sure how much 'site concern' motivates Peters post anyway. I recall him quoting me on the PF and I guess he didnt like my response. This thread rings like a standard "failed debate complaint" to management, wanting a hug from the mods because it didnt go his way. For the record I barely post these days, 99% of my posts are gun related. The idea that talking about bans does more damage than bans, borders on deranged.

One point I do agree on. That neither Mike McGuire, RIP nor any other individual are responsible for the sites success. Saeed is, which includes taking sole responsibilty for its current condition.

Posts: 3530 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Apparently Ann, we need this guy judging everyone in order to improve the site. Saeed could maybe make him morality mod.

Saeed would have a large pool to choose from to fit the position of morality moderator. Most of them only post in the ARPF.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Years ago, Mike was a moderator on the PF forum.

He was an utter disaster! rotflmo

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Saeed would have a large pool to choose from to fit the position of morality moderator. Most of them only post in the ARPF.

Touche!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

You mean you begged him to do it, he tried it for 3 days, then told you to hsve it back Big Grin

Mike told me the main reason he wasnt interested right off is all the messages along the same lines as threads like these, posters upset by other posters.

Its also why I couldnt do the job. I have to admit Saeed you have the patience of a saint.

one of us
posted Hide Post
To finish on a lighter note. There is a fairly long thread running on 24hourcampfire about AR and includes a lot of former members and by and large the memories are all warm ones. I am signing off for now. Thankyou all for these memories, and handling my very ascerbic sense of humor all this time. All of my posts were either gun related or because I did care about the site.I wish remaining members well and hope your parts of the world come through what is going on.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Recent posts by Karl, have me concerned about AR. It seems that every time someone is "banned", they contact one of their buddies who raises hell on AR, gets people stirred up, and then it dies out (for a while).
I may be biased because I am not a friend of Mike Macguire or RIP, but IMHO, neither of them were particularly nice people. That being said, to tie the future of AR to either of them is ridiculous. Let's face it, there is not much new that can be said about the 458 WM, the 375 H&H, double rifles, the 500/416 etc. etc. Now when G S Custom's banded solids came out, the AR world was ablaze, rightly. I came here to learn about African hunting and double rifles. If I want to learn about Skeet shooting, I go to Shotgun World, although, truth be told, there isn't much new that can be said about Skeet shooting either! Ditto Bullseye Pistol Shooting. So, the fact that I don't live here is not a reflection of AR, simply that AR is not the home of all shooting sports, and there is not much new that can be said about many topics. But, I do come back, look around, join in occasionally, and enjoy myself. The infighting, not so much!
There are some fine people on here, and I don't mean people who agree with me!
Just FWIW,
Peter.

Who gives a shit! if you don't like something don't read it the second time? Don't read shit in the political forum? Use the ignore feature if someone is causing a vaginitis flare up for ya? Take some midol if it hurts. coffee tu2

Posts: 2349 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Karl:
quote:

You mean you begged him to do it, he tried it for 3 days, then told you to hsve it back Big Grin

Mike told me the main reason he wasnt interested right off is all the messages along the same lines as threads like these, posters upset by other posters.

Its also why I couldnt do the job. I have to admit Saeed you have the patience of a saint.

Actually, that is not true.

He started banning people he did not agree with, which goes against our policy, so he was kicked off. clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sadly, we do have rank idiots who think they can change anyone's mind and have them follow them like bloody sheep.

Well someones mind was changed about reinstating RIP. I guess the sheep won this time Wink

Well done on reversing the decision of whatever person couldnt manage his emotions.

As to Mike, you must have a short memory Saeed. He quit himself, we were all there, so save that bullshit for the new members. I remember quite a bit of back and forth at the time too after it happened, being anti-censorship as he was, members wanted to know why quit the position of mod where he could do some good. You yourself used to thow at him afterwards if he didnt like how things were run why did he quit. His position was he didnt feel he suited the role of policeman, and also didnt like the whining. There are searchable threads referencing this. So assuming no more lies need to be told, and Peter seems satisfied back on the PF, I might stick around to follow Ron's research again. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds you need reprogramming ....like us Pro -Trump supporters who KNOW the election was a fraud....

Posts: 10097 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well done on reversing the decision of whatever person couldnt manage his emotions.

Smiler

I can control emotoins just fine.

It's morons like you and Ron that are the problem on AR.

Nudity --- the best form of birth control after 50!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Walterhog:
quote:

Smiler

They have not invented mirrors Down Under yet.

Too busy screaming MAGA.

Glorifying a criminal, remembering their past! clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Walterhog:
quote:

Smiler

Walther the problem on AR is people not even from America getting upset about a US president.

Trump bombed less Arabs than the last two presidents before him and Chile has been getting screwed by different US presidents since Nixon. But you guys seem more sensitive over a president who's biggest crime is how he treats americans.

You have to admit being we are all non americans talking now, that is a pretty funny situation.