Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picture on opening page. Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
There is an attractive and I assume symbolic illustration at the top of the front page of this site. Can anyone tell me what it says or means. My sense is that it is about a prayer of blessing and/or gratitude. Am I close? Thanks, Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eid is the end of the holy month of Ramadan in the Muslim religion. Eid Mubarak is the greeting given during this celebration. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_Mubarak

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lhook7. I will read your attached link. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The translation that I can easliy work with is " May your day of Eids be a blessed one." Beautiful.

Just a little understanding or explanation closes the space between us. The essences of our faiths are overlapping. We are not separate here on earth.
Thanks again for the explanation. Brian