Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mask Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Question? Now that I have had both my covid shots, what is the purpose of me wearing a mask? It doesn't protect others from me as I don't have covid. It doesn't protect me from others as the shots are supposed to do that. Is it is to give others a sense of security? If so, I could quit carrying concealed and start open carry and they would worry about that and probably not notice no mask and social distancing and even more would be accomplished.

You heard this prediction first right here on Accurate Reloading. Sometime or the other the PBR (Professional Bull Riders) will have a bull named Covid 19. Wouldn't that be a great name for a real rank bull?

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well carpetman, congratulations! I am not sure why you got the vaccine as I was under the impression that you thought the whole "covid thing" was a liberal scam. Anyway..the original purpose of the vaccine, was that, based on the evidence in the clinical trials, the vaccine provided protection to the recipient, against getting severe and acute respiratory symptoms with around 90% effectiveness. They NEVER claimed that you would not get the virus, neither did they claim that you could not spread the virus. Rather, you could get the virus, spread it, but not display the serious symptoms that often occurred, and could cause death. Now that the vaccine has been out for a few months, additional research seems to have shown that the vaccine does indeed, provide protection against even getting the virus, and hence, not conveying it although the effectiveness of these protections is still not clear. All this is based on what I have read. You may go to your own sources of expert medical knowledge like Tucker Carlson and Senator Tom Cruz.
BTW, please open carry. I would suggest New York City as a good place to start.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter, thanks for the reply. Apparently you have me confused with someone else as I've not made any posts to give the impression that the covid thing was a liberal scam.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter, but isn't that how every vaccine works? By priming the body's immune response so that if/when a pathogen enters the body there are weapons in place to fight it?

No vaccine puts up an invisible force field keeping everything out. You could carry Covid virus particles like you could carry any other germ, right? Just like an unvaccinated dirty countertop could carry Covid...

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My sincere apologies carpetman!
Here is my revised post:

Well carpetman, congratulations! The original purpose of the vaccine, was that, based on the evidence in the clinical trials, the vaccine provided protection to the recipient, against getting severe and acute respiratory symptoms with around 90% effectiveness. They NEVER claimed that you would not get the virus, neither did they claim that you could not spread the virus. Rather, you could get the virus, spread it, but not display the serious symptoms that often occurred, and could cause death. Now that the vaccine has been out for a few months, additional research seems to have shown that the vaccine does indeed, provide protection against even getting the virus, and hence, not conveying it although the effectiveness of these protections is still not clear. All this is based on what I have read.
Additionally, we do not yet know how long the immunity provided by the vaccines, will last.
BTW, please open carry. I would suggest New York City as a good place to start.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
montea6B, no I don't think so. Some vaccines consist of the "killed" virus which prompts the bodies immune system to mount an attack on the live virus, when it infects, and kill it. So, the body mounts an active defense against the live virus. You don't get the symptoms because you don't get the virus. Anyway, I am getting out of my depth here! Just reporting what I have read.
Peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter, you are essentially repeating my lay understanding of how vaccines work. You get it, but symptoms are mild or non-existant because the body recognizes and kills it.

So back to the OP, why wear a mask if you have been vaccinated? I have seen the same recommendations and they don't jive with the CW I grew up with. If you are immune you are immune. Carry on with impunity...

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter--I have no plans of going to NY City. In Texas, open carry is now legal. Even here in West Texas you don't see people doing it. I consider it would be an invitation for trouble.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Agreed, carpetman. I see no need to advertise that I am carrying a firearm.
Peter.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
True. We are now open carry. I have had my CCL since it first started here in the state so I suppose I'm doubly blessed but I will say that although it is now legal that almost all of us do not flaunt it in anyone's face. I consider it common courtesy, just like wearing a mask.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I know several individuals who have had the vaccine and still test positive.

Wearing a mask might help protect others from you.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
while the vaccine means that one's body has the antigens in your blood to prevent a successful illness, it does NOT act as a deathray to the virus. If exposed, there will be a period of time that the virus could be shed from the same body -

in effect, acting as a somewhat inert carrier

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38452 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I said before, I consider it just common courtesy to others.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Common courtesy is very rare today.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed it is, just as rare as a mans word being his bond. I do my best to keep that mindset alive by practicing it. If more folks would do this perhaps things could get turned around.