Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

D-Day! Login/Join 
one of us
posted
On this day, in 1944, men, a lot braver than me, stormed defended beaches in France. We should not forget them.
British, Americans, Canadians, Poles, Australians, New Zealanders, South Africans, Indians etc. etc.. Forgive me the etc. etc. I cannot name them all, but, you get the message. That's why they called it a World War.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Indeed! The whole world owes a debt of thanks to all those brave young men.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Peter for a great post

Posts: 2639 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We've about forgotten what it was about, even Churchill is being vilified. Might have been a lot better if he'd just said, come on over Adolph, you'll save us a lot of trouble in the future.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1581 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere a few years ago that the French were seeking financial recompense due to the damage we did to their beaches. Typical frog.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 300shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I read somewhere a few years ago that the French were seeking financial recompense due to the damage we did to their beaches. Typical frog.

Well Trump just surrendered Europe to Putin.

Typical bone spur draft dodger.

Posts: 683 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote