Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lack of members? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I noticed is that the number of lurkers tremendously increased, unlogged members and unregistered guests (quite many of them contacting me about the weapons I display)

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Several years ago before her passing, Humor columnist Molly Ivens said that the secret of living in tranquility in Austin was to never get on I-35. I might paraphrase that in that context here is to never get on the PF.

having never been on the PF forum i can't speak to that. however, she was absolutely 100% correct about I-35. journey thru hell.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
John, I was only on it a few times but it seemed to me that folks were there strictly to argue. Reminds me of 30 years ago when my little town of Liberty Hill started a chamber of commerce. I was one of the 1st members as I was/am a business owner. NEVER again. Folks just showed up to argue. One woman would argue her point + then when she won would switch sides just so she could argue some more. Lifes too short for that.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Some of you take the Political Forum too seriously.

For me, it is a source of entertainment, as nota single one of us here has the slightest effect on what goes around us politically.

It just amazes me how engrossed some people get in their politics.

From hero worship, to utter devotion to a political party.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Saeed, you may have just revealed the secret of the Political Forum.

hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
No the secret of the political forum is to ignore it. I don't care how tall your wellies are they will be full of bullshit.

I don't remember the last time I looked in there.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am like INTJ; started on the old Shooters forum, then moved to 24 hr. Got really tired of that guy Big Stick; he had an answer for everything and was (and probably still is) a total dick. I wrote Rick Bin a PM to tell him I was leaving his site due to Big Stick and certainly don't miss it.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see your point Saeed + Bill. It's just that funny as it might be, I don't find folks arguing as entertainment, but that's just me.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see your point Saeed + Bill. It's just that funny as it might be, I don't find folks arguing as entertainment, but that's just me.

My point is the die hard nut cases in politics are too stupid to know this. clap

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can agree with that.

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
There is a political Forum here? I have already, on this thread, seen the blocked threads of several of those whom I have on ignore. I work in a prison. I see and hear enough ignoramuses there and don't need their drivel here. You guys provide technical information and I share some with you guys. I have few problems here and I don't go to 24hr campfire as often as I go here. But I have some good friends here and there and will continue my discourse with them; in spite of 'Lil Schtigck or anyone else. Be Well. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
Click on the announcements forum, you will see the new members each month

New members count has jumped from 28 average monthly to 48.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
They have heard about your legendary post count, Edmond, and come here to see for themselves.

hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin. C'est cela, mon frère !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Several of the fine folks I met here have either passed away, moved away, had life events that draw more of their time, or for whatever reason lost interest. I'll be the 1st to admit, I simply don't have as much free time as I used to. Wish I could find members close to my zip code. AND YES the "throwing everyone under the bus that doesn't hunt or shoot the way YOU do" has in my opinion hurt the group.

Andy B

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Big Grin. C'est cela, mon frère !

Nous sommes une bande de frères !!!

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Mais certains dont vous ne voulez pas dans votre groupe.

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pas de poules mouillées.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
All you folks who ignore politics are part of the reason the world has shifted left and hunting has become a relic.

Like Randy has stated about his experience and “others” on this Forum have demonstrated...the left is very vocal, unabashed, and extremely politically active.

Be silent in politics at the peril of all that is important to you. And this coming from an introvert who prefers being alone (except for my boy) in desolate country holding a rifle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36509 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
All you folks who ignore politics are part of the reason the world has shifted left and hunting has become a relic.

Like Randy has stated about his experience and “others” on this Forum have demonstrated...the left is very vocal, unabashed, and extremely politically active.

Be silent in politics at the peril of all that is important to you. And this coming from an introvert who prefers being alone (except for my boy) in desolate country holding a rifle.

Very true.

But what is actually worse is supporting a political ideology when you know it is wrong.

Just to be part a political party!

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Politics is a fine line to walk indeed and you are never going to find a politician that you agree 100% with and and especially not a whole group.

That is why in our system...the primary portion of the election is so important. In the primary one can truly try to pick out the closest person to your morals, ethics, and beliefs.

In our system the general becomes a binary choice between 2 parties. One party in general supports gun ownership, hunting, personal freedom, and capitalism. One party does not. Pretty simple choice in the general even if you don’t agree 100% with or even like the individual on the ticket of the party platform you support.

And, ignoring or denying the above just allows the left to further force their agenda on us...like they have my whole lifetime. I personally have made the decision to try and do what I can politically to preserve our way of life.

The left is going to be vocal and politically active...you can take that to the bank.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36509 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

Very true.

But what is actually worse is supporting a political ideology when you know it is wrong.

Just to be part a political party!

You are right Saeed. Our government doesn't have to pay everyone for their college education. If that were the case then they should buy us some high dollar car too. They don't owe us healthcare either. Think about this: Control the people's health care, you control the people.

Today's generation are a bunch of give me, give me, give me's. And you know what party is responsible for that!!!!!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]You cannot stop idiots being stupid.[/QUOTE]

But you can easily stop the spammers & this is what screws things up. I look at recent post every morning & there a 2-3 pages of non-stop spam by 1 psychopath.

Posts: 1007 | Registered: 21 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Solid Spam

RE: More Trump lies, Dr Lame? (in The Political Forum) by Edmond
Pelosi Clashes With Facebook and Twitter Over Video Posted by Trump The video was edited to appear a......
Accuratereloading.com > The Accurate Reloading Forums > THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS > The Political Forum
09 February 2020 15:46

Discussion Topic RE: "Someone please post me a list of the top-ten biggest lies that Trump has told" (in The Political Forum) by Edmond
Pelosi Clashes With Facebook and Twitter Over Video Posted by Trump The video was edited to appear a......
Accuratereloading.com > The Accurate Reloading Forums > THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS > The Political Forum
09 February 2020 15:46

Discussion Topic RE: It is like dropping a tap dancing black kid into the middle of a Klan's rally. (in The Political Forum) by Edmond
09 February 2020 15:44

Discussion Topic RE: Broken Men (in The Political Forum) by Edmond
09 February 2020 15:44

Discussion Topic RE: Trump's model for America is corrupt, autocratic crony capitalism. Like in Russia. (in The Political Forum) by Edmond
09 February 2020 15:43

Discussion Topic RE: Fox News Internal ‘Briefing Book’ Admits Rudy Giuliani Spreads ‘Disinformation’ (in The Political Forum) by Edmond
09 February 2020 15:43

Discussion Topic RE: Hopefully We Get A Chance To Flush Out The White House Pipes In November (in The Political Forum) by Edmond
09 February 2020 15:42

Discussion Topic RE: Scumbag Schumer (in The Political Forum) by Edmond
09 February 2020 15:41

Discussion Topic RE: Republicans Are Losing It Because Pelosi Refuses To Normalize Trump's Lies (in The Political Forum) by Edmond

Discussion Topic RE: SSR Trumpistan (in The Political Forum) by Edmond

Discussion Topic RE: SSR Trumpistan (in The Political Forum) by Edmond
America’s first illegitimate president By Alexei Bayer. ......
09 February 2020 15:34

Discussion Topic RE: Why what LDVM and GW believe as they do (in The Political Forum) by Edmond
09 February 2020 15:39

Discussion Topic RE: What Putin Got From the Trump-Zelensky Phone Call (in The Political Forum) by Edmond
09 February 2020 15:35

Discussion Topic RE: Donald Trump’s Ukraine Scandal Has Its Roots in Russia (in The Political Forum) by Edmond
09 February 2020 15:35

Discussion Topic RE: "if Hillary Clinton had won, Russia would have been cut off from SWIFT by now." (in The Political Forum) by Edmond
09 February 2020 15:33

Discussion Topic RE: It's time to connect the dots and put a stop to all this. (in The Political Forum) by Edmond
09 February 2020 15:33

Discussion Topic RE: The turd did not fall far from the asshole (in The Political Forum) by Edmond
09 February 2020 15:32

Discussion Topic RE: nothing more severe or egregious to our Constitution than corrupting an election (in The Political Forum) by Edmond
09 February 2020 15:31

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zrp:
You cannot stop idiots being stupid.[/QUOTE]
Just a reminder..
But you can easily stop the spammers & this is what screws things up. I look at recent post every morning & there a 2-3 pages of non-stop spam by 1 psychopath.[/QUOTE]

sez "zrp"..

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Sez the spamanator....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13137 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ignored post by Edmond posted 09 February 2020 20:04

quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Sez the spamanator....

Why this guy is allowed to trash AR like he does is beyond me. Some of the finest rifle builders frequent this site & all we see is a constant stream of spam posted primarily by a single idiot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Some people have admittedly gotten mad and left. I think of Allen Day and Speerchucker 30-378. And some others have gotten mad, left, and come back. And sadly a number have passed away.

But I think that lots of folks have moved from the internet forum format to video-based media.

I built a motor and swapped a transmission and re-built a 67 Camaro using help from web forums in late 1990's and early 2000's, but now if I need to fix one of the kids' old beaters, I mostly consult youtube.

Not sure if it's a contributor to reduced participation or not, but I sure do like the forum format myself.

And by the way the mind-boggling spewing anger on the internet exists on the video sites too, though. But it's below in the comments.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skl1:
Some people have admittedly gotten mad and left. I think of Allen Day and Speerchucker 30-378. And some others have gotten mad, left, and come back. And sadly a number have passed away.

But I think that lots of folks have moved from the internet forum format to video-based media.

I built a motor and swapped a transmission and re-built a 67 Camaro using help from web forums in late 1990's and early 2000's, but now if I need to fix one of the kids' old beaters, I mostly consult youtube.

Not sure if it's a contributor to reduced participation or not, but I sure do like the forum format myself.

And by the way the mind-boggling spewing anger on the internet exists on the video sites too, though. But it's below in the comments.

Actually you should consult all the sources of information then make a decision. If you're pretty much an expert in what you're doing you'll know right away what sources are wrong, sometimes even funny!!

People are full of so much hate anymore. It's easier to display that hate on forums because you're not facing your audience.

I remember DRG had a nightmare with DaMan...anyone remember him???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember DaMan + don't miss him one bit.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

You have no sense of humor.

The PF provides us with endless hours of pure, unadulterated fun.

Where else on the Net can you find right wing gun owners, who claim to be patriots and support the military and constitution, cheerleader for a multi bankrupt criminal, and a coward who dodged the draft!

At the same time we have others who think Pelosi and Schumer are the most honest politicians America has ever known, that is why they have been ruling you lot for so many years.

I love the PF. clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Where else on the Net can you find right wing gun owners, who claim to be patriots and support the military and constitution, cheerleader for a multi bankrupt criminal, and a coward who dodged the draft!

At the same time we have others who think Pelosi and Schumer are the most honest politicians America has ever known, that is why they have been ruling you lot for so many years.

I love the PF. clap

Too funny Saeed, does the rest of the Arab world have you sense of humor?

<LIVYATAN>
posted
quote:
quote:

I love the PF. clap

NOT FUNNY!!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Some do.

Others are too busy killing each other! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Some do.

Others are too busy killing each other! rotflmo

Big Grin

I met a lot of them with acute sense of humour.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Like I said...it is not about liking, loving, or even believing one single politician...it's about keeping the Party whose platform is in 75% alignment with your beliefs--in charge.

Allowing a party of whose platform goes against 75% of your beliefs even for a short time...can cause great harm and change.

Ignore politics at the peril of your own well being.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I started out on the Campfire, and have been most active there, but it seems like every discussion turns into a shitstorm with all the shithouse lawyers and know-it-alls running around there. Just last week someone made a post about their favorite people who were no longer there. Some names I recognized and were generally liked, but had gotten sick of all the B.S. Consequently I don't post there very much anymore. I haven't had nearly that kind of experience here however.

I stay out of the political forums too. That's just asking for heartache imho.

Posts: 132 | Location: Huntertown,Indiana | Registered: 11 May 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Exactly why we have a bullshit forum - the PF.

Other forums are for relevant discussions.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Have been on AR for a few years and never once visited the PF forum. Having read this thread top to bottom I dont think I ever will.......

So much great other stuff on here and I have always found that politics and religion are fuel for arguments and pointless debate (just my opinion).....

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote