Notify
Tools

Member List Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
Don,
About the Member list:

Is there a way to divide it alphabetically so that you can search for members by the first character of their name, instead of trying to guess the page number that their name is on?

Do you ever purge names? I notice that there are "New Members" that registered 15 years ago that have never posted. Can you track whether a "member" hasn't logged on in years?

Thanks,

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
Hi Frank.

No, I'm afraid there is no search key for dividing the alphabetical listing. You need to sort by alpha and then scroll the pages as you suggest.

I can tell the last time they logged in by the profile we Admins see, but there is private info in the profile that is not proper for the non admins to see.

We do not purge the inactive members, you never know if they want to come back. And frankly, since we are all volunteers here, it's not a good use of our time when there is so much other stuff here that needs doing.

Don

Posts: 26536 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks Don, I was just curious.

Happy Thanksgiving. I was glad that I visited New England two weeks ago before all the snow hit.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Thanks Don, I was just curious.

Happy Thanksgiving. I was glad that I visited New England two weeks ago before all the snow hit.

Boston has yet to get snow. In fact, the only thing falling are the leaves.

Don

Posts: 26536 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
" since we are all volunteers here."
And we appreciate the time you give us to make all this the best site!

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Don,

Does the software allow you to enable the use of '*' as a wildcard in searches?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote