Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The site ahead contains malware! Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Don, I receive this message when I click on the "GTR" link in the Classic Car forum. I have received it several times, performing a virus check on my own computer in between attempts.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am using IE and have no problems.

I switched to chrome, and got the same as you did???

May be Don has an answer.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66934 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the prompt response Saeed. You are correct I was using Google Chrome. I just finished a boot level scan. Nothing showed up on my end.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Google Chrome here, too. It might be something as banal as a tracking cookie, but Don will probably be able to figure it out.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
The GTR link was a pic on my "shootzm" directory

The directory and account has been deleted.

I still don't know why google had it marked as a virus. it only contained pictures

Posts: 6385 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, so your 'subject" was also a link? I did not realize that, but perhaps should have. Thanks for clarifying.
Peter.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Actually, picture is no different than any file, and can include malware inserted in it without you knowing.

I have some work computers, and although connected to the Internet, they are only used for certain websites.

These I never, ever have any virus or malware attacks from.

We have others which are sometimes used by people who come here, and these I always have to clean up every now and then.

Do not visit file sharing websites, or free download websites.

If you like a certain software, download it directly from the maker's websites.

You have to be careful here too, as sometimes they provide several links, all but one go to file sharing websites.

Avoid these at all costs, and you won't get infected.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66934 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote