New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beer, Wine and Spirits forum Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted
Has there been any thought of adding a forum for Beer, wine and spirits? I know discussion topics on have come up but, why not one dedicated?

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Make it an intoxicants forum and you could include all the chatter from Oregon, Washington, Colorado and Washington DC on the lawful possession and use of marijuana.
(I am not a user, and find myself greatly discomfitted by all the open pot talk.)

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, we only drink single malts on this forum, so I am not familiar with the other items listed.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was a field of marijuana that cows grazed in. They kept coming back. Investigation revealed it was a case of the pot calling the cattle back.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Well, we only drink single malts on this forum
Peter

That's what I'm talking about!

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally, I see no need for such a forum. But that is just one opinion; all I have to do is not participate!

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Strange, but I thought Every forum on this site was based on Voluntary participation!

During the time I have been on here, I have not noticed where ANYONE was required to participate in ANY discussion.

Care to point out where ANY of us are required to get involved in ANY discussion?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander7:
Has there been any thought of adding a forum for Beer, wine and spirits? I know discussion topics on have come up but, why not one dedicated?

No there hasn't.

And no, we don't need one. We are already under the influence just from the high of the stimulation we get from the high browed discussions elsewhere on the forum.

Don

Posts: 26536 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, let me bring this to a quick end: BUSHMILLS!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Well, let me bring this to a quick end: BUSHMILLS!
Peter

Gesundheit! Big Grin

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information and is appreciated. My father-in-law got me started on single malt scotch. I'm still hoping this idea picks up steam but, not holding my breath.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No definition of single malt etc reminds me of something else which is way off topic to this thread. The Air Force has a regulation about their uniforms. Every detail is described. Shoes were described as smooth or scotch grain leather. The regulation itself did not define scotch grain leather nor was I able to find a definition in any dictionary. An ambiguous term. Ok maybe it's on topic, it's about scotch.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
No definition of single malt etc reminds me of something else which is way off topic to this thread. The Air Force has a regulation about their uniforms. Every detail is described. Shoes were described as smooth or scotch grain leather. The regulation itself did not define scotch grain leather nor was I able to find a definition in any dictionary. An ambiguous term. Ok maybe it's on topic, it's about scotch.

Just google "scotch grain leather". You will find what you are looking for.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JB, thanks for that response. When I was in the Air Force, for the most part was before internet and my researched was confined to dictionaries and the term wasn't listed. I did do as you suggested and Google it and clicked on IMAGES. Really it wasn't definitive or precise as the regulation I mentioned was intended to be. Some of the images looked liked elephant skin, some like water buffalo and everything in between. Would be hard to say that most anything except smooth leather was not scotch grain.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander7:

No there hasn't.

And no, we don't need one. We are already under the influence just from the high of the stimulation we get from the high browed discussions elsewhere on the forum.

Don

Like the political forum or when we talk about Craig B or Mark Sullivan???

Posts: 10133 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John, being a plebian I don't worry too much about the legal definitions. I just worry about the taste. I was a Glenfiddich fan until I tried Bushmills.
Peter.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Just need a good single malt Whisky and a good cigar around a campfire with good friends! All else is a moot point!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John, I am puzzled. I have heard of, and imbibed Glenlivet but never heard of "The" Glenlivet. Is that something new?
Peter.