THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Gun Boat -- where to find for AK hunt

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Boat -- where to find for AK hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted
There used to be available a product that was similar in material and construction to a dry bag -- with fold over top - - for protecting firearms in wet weather --- belive it was called a "Gun Boat"?---- However ----realize that company went out of business --but I had heard someone else was making the item---any clues??
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 924 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can still buy the '' Gun Boats'' at Orion's sporting goods store in Sitka. Company did go out of business and I believe Bert has a special deal with some other manufacturer. If you are hunting around salt water they are great. Protects your gun from rust and it will float if it falls in the water.
Jim Phillips Annahootz Alaskan Adventures

outfitter,southeast Alaska, brown bear, black bear ,mt goat

Posts: 66 | Location: southeast alaska | Registered: 13 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
I just found them on Ebay.

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSSP:

Where?---------looked but came up empty?
G

Posts: 924 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodmnctry:
quote:
Originally posted by GSSP:

Where?---------looked but came up empty?
G

http://cgi.ebay.com/GUN-BOAT-RIFLE-SHOTGUN-CASE-FLOATS-...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Wink

Posts: 2350 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
Thanks!!!!! -- just ordered two of them!!!
G