New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hope the sheep hunters are safe
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 11944 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’d be more concerned for the thousands of guys up there working and living next to natural gas bombs and pipelines. And of course Sue. Man I hope she doesn’t get hurt, last thing we need is her more paranoid!!

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The news report I saw in the paper this morning was from the Kavik River Camp (Sue's place). It said the quake was centered 42 miles east of there. I thought all of the oil workers were substantially west of there. Perhaps I am wrong.

It is pretty flat at the Kavik River Camp. Hard to imagine her getting hurt. I hear through the grapevine she is in big trouble anyway.

I hope everyone is safe.

Posts: 11944 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sue crashes snowmachines on flat ground....lol
Natural disasters are scary. For sure hope no one got hurt from it. Could always get loose rocks rolling in the mountians.

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard from one of the guides last night . Weather sucked but they were safe and sound.

I heard from Riley’s wife this morning. Everyone was safe and sound. She described it as,”kinda neat.”

Excellent news.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fourtyonesix:
And of course Sue. Man I hope she doesn’t get hurt, last thing we need is her more paranoid!!

Funny, Sue was on the same flight as my daughter and I last week when we headed up to Barrow. Given her history with bad luck I wasn't sure that was a good thing. But with her and Renee on the same flight I figured we were safe from terrorists.
Big Grin

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote