Find
Notify
Tools

Wildman Lodge now for sale
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted
I just saw an ad for Butch King’s Wildman Lodge on the AK peninsula in Sports Afield Properties. For a mere $2,999,000 you can buy a turnkey hunting/fishing operation.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
It never hurts to ask, and someone may see value there.
But even with the federal guiding concession, half of that would be more in line with going prices. Unless aircraft were included.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4194 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One will have to have lots of sales just to make the interest payments.

Posts: 19361 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems like a bad investment.

one of us
posted Hide Post
https://sportsafieldtrophyprop...-wildman-lodge-78256

Link to the sale information.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9363 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm I prebooked a hunt in Dallas last year for ? '21 or '22, forgot which. Guess I'll have a chat next week.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well he sold the other lodge a handful of years back. Wildman is a production lodge. Gotta have numbers going thru to make it work. Volume. I’ve guided there on several occasion. They kill big bears but run a lot of clients. Sometimes close to two dozen in three weeks. We had camps about every three miles up the valleys in some places. But there is no doubt the area is amazing for fish birds bears and moose. Beautiful too. But you’d better fall in love with dumping av gas....

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
does it include a 737 on floats??

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FMC:
Hmmmm I prebooked a hunt in Dallas last year for ? '21 or '22, forgot which. Guess I'll have a chat next week.

Who knows who will own this property by that time and if they will know the land as well as Butch King who has been there for a long time. Your booking will be a marketing tool to help sell the property, see look how many hunts i have booked.

I would be looking for a refund if I were you

Cold Zero

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
I was kinda wondering as I never pre booked a hunt like that. Pre booked 1 grand on Amex with the usual 50% at a later date.....but convenient and economic at the time...

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I had and extra 15 million or so to blow I might buy just for the fun of it.

one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
I own a very small remote cabin, near a couple bigger fishing lodges, one of which is for sale - has been for 6+ years. These properties just don’t seem to see the payout for what the people put into them in money, blood, sweat, and tears. Another factor is that these lodges require an extraordinary amount of time and effort to run. People that can afford to buy them with cash usually don’t want to work like you have to make the place pay. People that would put in the work, usually don’t have the cash, and no bank is going to loan you the money. Regardless, for the price, you’ll have a hard time making it for the asking price. It’s really sort of sad situation.

If you are going to carry a big stick, you've got to whack someone with it at least every once in while.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A lot of resorts where a family could make a living in my area.

When you could buy them for 50 thousand or so.

Were not viable when the price got into the hundreds of thousands.

Most got sold off into lots.

If one has the money to cash them out why wouldn't one just use it to go play.

Instead of buying oneself a hard job.