THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    My Ruger Bull ***extra pics added***

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Ruger Bull ***extra pics added***
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted
Four months have passed and I realized I never posted my story here, in the Alaska section. So with no futher wait, here it is.

Ok! I'm home and have some pics uploaded to Photobucket.

First off let me say that this hunt, except for a few minor gripes, was a near perfect dream hunt for me and my best friend, Dan.

It started off last year with the intention of hunting Dall and Grizzly in the Wrangells, then this year for Grizzly west of Illiamna, ending up with Grizzly north of Teller, which is about 1/2 way between Nome and Kotzebue. I lucked upon outfitter Brian Simpson of Fairbanks; Wittrock Outfitters. Don't look for a web site; it's not there. He's a small operator who gets mostly word of mouth, repeat customers and a once per year attendance at a Michigan SCI meeting. He's outfitted near Eagle, AK for Dall Sheep but now stays in 22D/E for all the species to include Muskox. In fact, if my facts are right he is the only outfitter in Alaska who guides for Muskox, if you can draw a tag; very hard to do so! He uses 8-wheel Argos ATV's pulling Greer trailers. Fantastic vehicles, when kept up, which allow one to really expand the hunt zone and make retrieving moose a much more pleasant chore.

I flew out of Salt Lake City the evening of 5 Sept and met my best bud, Dan McPeak, of Folsom, CA in Anchorage just after midnight, local time. Crashed on the concourse chairs for a few hours. Thank goodness their the type which allow you to stretch out. The intended flight to Nome was delayed as the first stop in Kotzebue was cancelled due to fog there. Instead went straight to Nome and arrived only 30 minutes late. Was picked up by Nome resident, Tok Tozier and driven around town; only took about 2-3 minutes. Dropped off our baggage @ the Aurora Inn. Nice, Best Western quality, for about $150 night. I paid $130 due to military discount. Normally about $150. Had lunch at the Airport Pizza restaurant. Good food and friendly waitress's. Walked back to hotel, about 6 blocks, stopping off at the Nome Outfitters to see what sort of sporting goods they carried. Pretty good selection of ammo to include 454 Casull, Buffalo Bore 45 LC, 480 Ruger, WSM's, H&H mags, odd stuff, etc. Price check: $32.95/lb of Rel 22. Tok took us east of town to check our rifles sights. Mine needed a bit of adjustment. Dinner at the Polar Cafe where we ate from then on out except lunch the next day at the combo Subway/movie theater. Showing was Journey to the Center of the Earth and The Black Knight.

Tok picked us up the next day, allowed us to be baby sat by his 7 kids and wife, Marie, at their home until it was time to fly. Shared smoked Red Salmon and Fireweed jelly; thier both to die for. About 5:15 we got the call from State Senator Donny Olson who is a semi retired physician and pilot with about 6-8 (that I know of) aircraft to his credit; two of which are helo's. Flew 1 hour north from Nome to our camp, about 30 miles north, north east of Teller, on the American River.

Two other hunters in camp, Mike and Charlie, both from Texas. Brian's customer base is primarily from either Michigan or Texas, with a few out of Calif and now Utah.

Next day Mike (retired Texas optician)and I went out with Brian to help retrieve the last 1/2 of a 62" moose and antlers from a hunter who had shot it the night before and flew out that morning. Saw a Grizzly just going over a near ridge, never to be seen again. Got back to camp about midnight where steak and potatoes were waiting for us.

Tuesday, Charlie (retired construction contracter from Beaumont, TX) shot his bull Caribou. Mike and I, went up Bud creek and viewed some old dredge mining sites, Artic Char and lots of beautiful scenery. Caribou for dinner. Great stuff! My buddy, Dan, located a 64" bull but passed as he was holding out for a Grizzly. Mike, on the other hand didn't pass and made a beautiful 257 yd shot with his 338 WM and 225 gr TSX. Between 4 guides and 3 hunters, we made short work of getting the bull cut up, loaded and back to camp. We all had ring side seats with a combo of binos and spotting scopes. I love my Zeiss 65mm Diascope sitting on a K&K 36" tripod. In fact, that combo became the talk of camp for spotting game at long distances.

Wednesday, woke to a heard of Muskox loafing about 100 yds from camp; big bull with them. Took some pics at about 40 yds. Headed south across the Agiapuk and American rivers to a mountain range I had assumed was too far out of our zone. The Argos made it possible. About 2-3 miles south of camp, stopped to glass the mountains since the lighting was very good and found my bull and a Grizzly on the same ridge, about a mile apart; about 5-6 miles distant. This was 12:30. Kept heading south to the mountains, up a ridge which was absolutely packed with blue, black and raspberries.

Found a rocky overlook to check out my bull and see if the bear was still eating berries. Had lunch, looked for the bear, who dissapeared, and sized up the bull who had 3 cows with him about 3/4th up a ridge in a small pocket of willows. I wasn't too interested in a moose as Dan and I both came for Grizzly.

I was packing the Ruger Blackhawk as backup in a slightly custom made Mernickle Field II holster worn cross draw. Slightly custom as the original holster sent me would not allow the higher Gary Clements front sight down the holster. Mernickle was fantastic about the whole affair. They asked I send the original holster back to them and they would make me a new one, post haste as they knew I was leaving for my hunt in about 2 weeks. Great company to deal with! I like the holster too. I wore it daily, usually forgetting it was even there, on a Wilderness Instructors belt along with 6 extra rounds on the opposite side in a 6-round cartridge slide, also from Mernickle.

My main weaponry was my CZ 550 American in 9.3x62 shooting 286 gr Partitions at 2500 fps with a Leupold 2x7 VXII with LR dots. It was fully weatherized for the nasty Alaska weather, which for the most part didn't really materialize. Thank goodness!

Any way, I decided that if the bull was really big and Brian could get me within handgun range, I might be interested in shooting him. Remember, I had never really been interested in a moose. But seeing two 60"+ plus bulls upclose in the two previous days, my steadfast desire to only shoot a bear was waining. When I told Brian it had to go 70" he told me their was no way; "maybe mid 60". I then told him it had to be with a handgun. His eyes rolled, he paused a long while, thinking about terrain, wind and vegetation, finally saying it could be done. He would carry my rifle, just in case we ran into the bear.

So off we went in the Argos, down our ridge, just crossing the creek, ending up about 1000 yds from the now bedded bull. Oh, yeah! The bull and his small entourage had moved two willow draws over. "Just a Moose thing", Brian said. This ridge was not steep nor was the willow draw deep. Cliff Weyiouanna, Brian's Eskimo business partner from Shismaref, stayed in the Argos to watch the show and would signal us if the moose were up and moving. We went through the first willow draw, watching all the time for any activity. All 4 animals were now bedded with two cows up high and a cow and the bull near the bottom of the draw. As we approached the final draw, Brian and I kept whispering back and forth do's and don'ts and what to do "if's". Upon reaching the near side of the draw we found a tussuk perch about 3 ft higher than the rest of the surrounding terrain. The willows were in the 3-9' high category and any height we could obtain would be helpful to see the bull and if necessary see across to the other side of the draw if things went sour.

We stood for about 20 minutes, looking, listening and waiting for something to happen; it didn't. Brian and I whispered back and forth about him cow calling. I was afraid if things were to go bad, they would do so very quickly. On the other hand, they could good, very quckly too. Suddenly, Brian just up and unzips our fly's. Meaning he cow called without giving me heads up. Over the space of about 10 minutes he calls three times; nothing! He hands me my rifle, steps about 10 yds into the willows, picks up a 2" by 24" long willow branch and starts raking the willow brush, immitaing a bull raking the brush. About 1 minutes later, I look up slope. We had figured the bull was either in front of us or down slope from us; not up slope. Then their stood the bull and a cow, about 125 yds away, up slope from us. The bull's head gear was clearly visible but his eyes were low enough and behind some brush, he couldn't see me. But, the cow had me pinned. Brian turned to walk back to me, not realizing the two were up and aware of our prescence. I simply and slowly opened my right hand in the "stop" position and then pointed two fingers in the general direction of the moose. Brian immediatly understood, slowly raising his bino's to size up the situation. He turned back to me and spread his hands as wide as they would go and mouthed the words "he's huge!". That was enough for me, my decision to shoot the bull just got made. About 2 minutes later the cow turned her head and lowered it just enough below some brush to where she could not see me. That's all I needed. I ducked down and trotted up slope about 50 yds. Trotting is a figure of speech because for those of you who know about this Tundra stuff, understand. Those who don't, think of trying to walk on top of huge grassy topped bowling balls which sway and move with every step. The option is to step over and inbetween then, sometimes only inches deep, sometimes several feet deep. Needless to say one does not jog through this stuff but you struggle, tilt, trip, fall, SWEAT!. Still on the fringe of the willows I had to figure a way to get closer, into and through the willows. About then I hear Brian pull off what I thought was a near perfect bull grunt and raked the willows some more. That was it! The bull went beserk! He started down slope, angling across the willows, towards Brian, ranking brush and grunting nearly the entire time. What I didn't realize was Brian was now in a panick. Here he was, fly unzipped, no gun, a 2" willow branch for a weapon, no where to go (fast in the Tundra) and he didn't know I had decided to shoot the bull. To say he suddenly felt very much like a 90 lb cheerleader who just gave a 300 lb linebacker the green light for him to take her virginity on prom night would be putting it lightly.

Back to my point of view. The bull was about directly across the draw from me, about 40 yds away with a very large willow bush between us. I could just see an antler on the down slope side of the bush. Brian, raked once more and suddenly the bull dissapeared. "Where'd he go", I thought. I then saw him coming around the up slope side of the bush. For a moment, I thought he had found me and was coming for me. As it turned out their was a somewhat natural path through the willows which would bring the bull just upslope of me and he had every intention of using it so he could keep the high ground and try and get downwind of us to smell the cheerleaders panties once he whooped her boyfriend's butt. At that moment I realized this was now turning into a handgun affair. I set my CZ down and moved about 6-8 yds towards the bull, looking for a shooting lane. I found one just moments before the bull would reach it.

Cliff, in the exact spot the bull was when my first round hit him. He stands about 5'6". Which means the bull's shoulder was about the same height as the skyline in the pic.

I drew the Ruger, having enough presence of mind to make sure their was no leather scrapings on the front sight. I had at numerous times before wondered if the sound of the cocking hammer would alert my intended quary. Gladly, it didn't as the near constant 7-9 mph wind covered the clicking! I came to a solid standing modified Weaver shooting position and waited for the vital zone to appear; nose, eyes, rack, neck, shoulder, tight behind the shoulder, BOOM!! I could immediatly tell I'd hit the bull as he let out a load grunt and humped up. Quickly as I could, I thumbed the hammer two more times and dumped two more 335 gr slugs into his left vital side. In the adrenalin filled moment, I later found out, I was not squeezing those last rounds as I was hitting low/left. That's when things started to get exciting for me. He turned 90 deg downslope, towards me. I must have been in the zone because I again had the precence of mind to say to myself, "I'm going to need to put one between his eyes before he decides to turn me into a hotdog on a roasting stick". Fortuneatly he kept turning the additional 90 deg, back towards the way he had just come. Now, I panicked, thinking he was getting away. I tried to place the remaining 3 rounds into his right side, only hitting him 1x, that I could tell from the following autopsy. He traveled about 10-12 yds away, stood there briefly and just topped over, taking 1/2 a 7' high willow bush with him. Talk about a surreal moment! It was 5:30 pm, five hours after I first found him.

My Ruger bull along with Mike's bull.

Sorry to say, did not find any slugs nor could I tell if any slugs exited. Some greatful Eskimo villager will hopefully find one in the meat and send it to me.

We started back about 9:30 pm but never made it to camp until 0200 am. My head hit the pillow @ 0300 am.

In 15 days of hunting, Brian had 8 non-residents take 5 mooose which went 48", 62", 64", 64" and a possible 67" (two broken, just hanging-on, outer points) bull. There were 3 caribou, 2 Muskox and one 8-1/2' boar Grizzly, taken by my best bud, Dan.

We ended up driving the 30 miles via Argos down to the Imurak basin, near Brevig Mission and crossing the basin via boat which pulled a barge loaded with Argos and trailer. Then drove the 70 miles to Nome, stopping to take pics of numerous Reindeer. We came out of the the field a day late so our reservation at the Auora Inn was no longer valid. Ended up staying at the Polars Hotel. I don't advise it! It's directly above the Polaris bar which closes at 0200 am and I think every local from the surrounding villages was in town, getting snockered on there yearly state oil check which had been enhanced by Gov Sarah Palin. Needless to say, not much sleep, but still a hot shower; first in 12 days.

Missed our flight, rebooked for $100 and it took 2 days to get home.

Can't wait until a future spring bear hunt with Brian. He hunts the same area but from the north, heading south out of Shismaref on snowmobiles ("snowmachines" in Alaska).

We also caught Silver Salmon and Artic Char in addiion to shooting a small brace of Ptarmigan the day after Dan shot his bear.

Alan

Ok, here are some encore pics.

My friend, Dan, finally sent me a copy of his pics so I thought I'd share them with you all to break up some mid-winter monotony.

Our Alaska Taxi on a gravel bar on the American River.

No going home now.

The cook/dinning shack.

Our first Alaskan sunset view east of camp.

The locals call them Obama heads. I called them "hell to walk through".

Incredibly open country. Bull and three cows. Can you see them?

Dan w/ Artic Char.

Dan, me and Alaska moon rise.

Just a moon. Not!!!

The reason we came. This is the bear I went after but shot my bull instead.

I love this shot. I was on my knees when we were taking some pics and the weight literally pulled me over.

Muskox morning. These were about 150 yds from camp the morning I shot my bull.

My best bud. Dan, not the bear!

Barnes 180 TTSX, shot from 300 WSM, pulled from the bear

Camp at evening

Camp shack closed and ready for winter

Headum up and move'em out! Camp is packed up and were heading back to civilization. At this point, Dan had not shot his bear. We found him about 2-3 hours later

Alaska knives

Parting present am after Dan's bear. 1896 Birmingham built 2-1/2" 12 bore, Webley & Scott Screw Grip, BLE retailed by Manton of England. Weight = 6 lb 2 oz.My own roll crimped loads.

Ferry across the Imurak basin to Teller.

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great hunting by you and Dan.
You won't be forgetting that trip any time soon.
Excellent pix and narrative.
Thanks for the posting!!~!! thumb

Don

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Wow! Great hunt!

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GA DEER HUNTER
posted Hide Post
Awesome story and pictures. I have spent some time at most of the places you mentioned: Sleeping in the Anchorage Airport, eating at the Polar Express and the Nome Subway, Nome Outfitters. Also, about 10 days in Brevig-Mission with day trips over to Teller. Great story and thanks for bringing back some good memories.

Posts: 392 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great story and photos. Congrats!

What caliber handgun and did you use reloads?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
GA Deer Hunter,

You had to go there, didn't you. I did not realize Dan had taken this picture until I was looking at the pics the other day.

Onefunzr2,

Handgun is a Ruger Blackhawk, stainless steel, 4-5/8" barrel. Mods are a Belt Mountain base pin and Clements Custom Gun taller front sight. Caliber is 45 Long Colt shooting the LBT 335 gr wide flat nose gas check hard cast lead bullet. Load is 20 gr (max) of Lil'Gun in Starline cases primed with WLR primers. The're running 1150 fps. Holster is a Mernickle Field holster; loved it. Very comfortable and secure. Rarely knew it was there until I patted it for reassurance. I got teased pretty good by all for the pearl handled stainless steel "cowboy" gun until I put up, then they shut up!

Last month, Brian Simpson sent me an envelope with a couple of his new brochures and business cards. I'm on the front of each with my Ruger Bull!

Alan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrates, nice hunt and pics.

clap beer

Posts: 1324 | Location: Oregon rain forests | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jim Z.
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Great Hunt. I'm envious as hell.

clap

*we band of 45-70ers*
Whiskey for my men & beer for my horses!

Malon Labe!

Posts: 235 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 16 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Awesome recount of a hunt you will always remember..............congratulations to you and your pal.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of slimtim
posted Hide Post
Great story and pictures.

Thank you.

Tim

Posts: 137 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
This is a real great post ,the photos make me to dream hunting in ALASKA -i have many clients and friends there some are guides-i love hunting with handguns ,and i learned that the only way to fast kills with handguns are hitting the nervous system it doesnt matter the caliber-providing we are using a revolver -.I killed some water buffalos with my old sw44magnum and garrets points .On this topic again congratulations is a real pro article ,and i would like in the future to publish some of it here in MAGNUM magazine is you agreed .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Hi im JuanJR aka IKY im Juans son im 12 years old and i shoot IPSC and hunts professionally ,this photos make me exited SOMETIME ILL HUNT LIKE YOU .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Great story and pics,Thanks clap...by the way,you should have been a writer! Smiler

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great post. Thanks

Posts: 129 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 15 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
great pictures and great adventure

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Simply Awesome!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2313 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GREAT STORY AND PICS..
NOW YOU KNOW WHY WE LIVE UP HERE. WE ARE RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO AK.
WATSON LAKE

Posts: 326 | Location: Watson Lake, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 31/2Makesmelaugh
posted Hide Post
Great story and absolutely classytaste in guns! What caliber was the Blackhawk?

"Archery enshrines the principles of human relationships. The Archer perfects his form within himself. If his form is perfect, yet when he releases he misses, there is no point in resenting those who have done better than him. The fault lies nowhere."(Confucious)

Posts: 115 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
31/2Makesmelaugh,

45 LC.

Alan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Incredibly open country. Bull and three cows. Can you see them?

Dan w/ Artic Char.

bsflag Big Grin

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I missed this thread nine years ago. Glad to find it!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I missed this thread nine years ago. Glad to find it!

Me too! Great pics and story! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree, great pictures, story, and hunt !!
Gotta luv that 45 Colt with a good hard cast bullet. It definitely performs.

Posts: 425 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff!

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Hunt. I found it VERY annoying seeing the Photo Bucket Logo on all your images. You would be better served by Imgur.

Posts: 2326 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting a great story well done guys.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for taking the time to share - it was great!!!

NRA Benefactor Member

One of Us
Picture of slimtim
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the story and photos.
Tim

Posts: 137 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Man you are making me home sick! It's been about 10 years since I have hunted Alaska, and at 82 yrs age I probably will not get back but I miss the place! I and five of my friends hunted every year for about 10 yrs, and took some real hunts and float trips down the Mulchatna river.
Some good pictures and some good animals! Congratulations! I envy you!

Mac………………………………………………………………. tu2 old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Awesome hunt! I am sure these memories have kept even 10 years after they occured.

I am glad Photobucket/yourself is still hosting the photos. Made me forget about work for a few moments while enjoying your story.

Justin

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Memories of a lifetime!

Doesn't get much better than that.

Congratulations.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Obama heads huh? That's not what I remember them called. The PC police have hit Alaska too!

One of Us
Picture of PWS
posted Hide Post
Glad your hunt was a good one, Simpson was getting a little lax with his behavior.

https://www.seattletimes.com/s...bears-toward-client/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Kodiak | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great write up. Thank you
Retirement is 4 months away.......
Alaska is on the list.

Posts: 435 | Location: South Central PA | Registered: 11 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 257x50:
Great write up. Thank you
Retirement is 4 months away.......
Alaska is on the list.

tu2

Posts: 2350 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice job on taking a moose with a handgun. Taking moose the hard way.

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote