THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Best Alaska Units for Self-Guided Float Moose Hunts

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Alaska Units for Self-Guided Float Moose Hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
Some friends and I are planning a hunt September 2021.

All my $$$ guided moose hunts have been busts.

Either will have rafts or a jet boat.

Here are the units we are looking into:

18, 20 and 21 and 24.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some areas nonresidents are not allowed to hunt within a half mile from a river. Not sure which ones they are and some areas you need to apply for a DM area permit. I have done 8 D.I.Y. hunts and would not hunt in most areas again. In most of the areas the wolves have decimated the moose populations. Look back 2 years ago at my moose report. I shot a 73 5/8 incher. I am heading back with Mark next year

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote