New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCAM TRIPLE C OUTFITTERS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Please be aware Triple C Outfiiters is a scam outfit.

Stay away from Clifford Smith or David Lazer Lazer Tours

They took me for 10K. They are totally illegal.

Larry

email me for details

elk88101@hotmail.com

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Is this an Alaskan outfit???

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just post the story here. If you can make a blanket statement like that then you can give everyone the details. I am interested in what you have to say but I won't take anything seriously until you lay some cards on the table.

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So, what problem????
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will post the complete story. I am writing the legal brief now. Once that is completed I will post it.
But just tid Bits
He is an assisatnt Guide booking Hunts
Sec 08.54.630 5B 1,2,3
12ACC75.40 2,c,1 C1,AB
These all come from The State Stautes and Regulations Book Big Game Commercial Services Board.
Mostly having to do with illegal booking and use of Guides license's and duties they need to preform.

Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, are you saying you booked a hunt without checking to see if they were legit first?
If you did then you get an F for your homework.

Posts: 141 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 26 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alasken:
So, are you saying you booked a hunt without checking to see if they were legit first?

It's always nice to see a smart-ass, gratuitous "contribution".

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by conifer:
quote:
Originally posted by Alasken:

It's always nice to see a smart-ass, gratuitous "contribution".

Bad hunt, ripped for 10K, now a grade F.
Lifes a bitch, then ya hear this crap.

Phil

NRA Life Member since 1976
philny1@zoominternet.net
877 485-6270
Visa/MC accepted , plus 3%
We have to save the Earth, only planet with beer!!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history
when everybody stands around reloading".
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 665 | Location: Western NY- Steuben County | Registered: 02 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK Let us clarify.
I have checked on the Alaska Div of occupational lcensing professional license search
Pasted is what I found:
Professional License Details
Name: DAVID L. LAZER
DBA: LAZER'S GUIDE SERVICE/LAZER TOURS
License Number: 175
License Type: IS A LICENSED MASTER GUIDE-OUTFITTER
Address: 10157 N. WALDO REED ROAD PALMER AK 99645
Expiration Date: 12/31/2011
Current Issue Date: 12/11/2009
First Issue Date: 12/18/2007
Additional Info: CERTIFIED UNIT(S): 8,9,14,17

Also it is 100% legal for an assistant guide to act as a Booking agent for the outfitter if he has consent to do so from the outfitter. As long as all of the contracts and $$$$ are handled and prepared by the Licensd Guide.

I do not know of either of these guys or their outfit and it seems as though you have an issue with them but we are yet to hear the issue. Mr Lazer is a licensed Mater guide whom is currently in good standing with the state.
I sure would like to hear the real issue that has prompted your post. From what I can see they are 100% legal in their criteria with the state.
Just my opinion from what I see on the states website they are operating legally BUT nad thats a big BUT if they are not doing things properly in the field or within the contract writing or signing then that is another issue all together.

Doug Klunder

Posts: 163 | Location: United States | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So philny and conifer, you don't think there is any responsibility on the part of the hunter to make sure he's booking a hunt with a legal and reputable oufit? Remember, if there were to be any game reg violations made, the hunter is as guilty as the guide. I guess I could have said it differently.
I also know there are two sides to every story. In the twenty years I guided in Alaska I had one complaint filed with the state. I didn't go anywhere because the hunter was just pissed off he didn't shoot a bear.

Posts: 141 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 26 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
But just tid Bits

I take it you feel that you are providing entertainment here?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where's the OP when you need him?
This was posted almost a week ago. I sent elk88101 email the day he posted it on the AOD, and haven't got his side of the story yet.
I'm glad that one client I had who filed a complaint with the state didn't hit the internet with this kind of bullshit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well
I guess this got some activity
Well first of all it’s not legal in any manner for an assistant guide to book or advertise a hunt under a name that does not have the master guide as a party to the outfit not just saying he does it needs to be registered with the licensing dept... As per the licensing regulations read page 6 section 08.54.720 and the state police investigator. In case you all want to read it http://www.dced.state.ak.us/occ/pub/BGCSStatutes.pdf . Also you forgot to mention David Lazer previous license was revoked.
Doug he offers the hunts under Triple C Outfitters do you find any license with a master guide attached to that?? I don’t think so.

Also for doing my homework I booked this hunt with Matt Yablonski (Inner Circle International Booking Agent) this is Keith Warrens #1 booking agent. I went on his 14 years in the business experience
Also this has nothing to about harvesting any animals. Other's that where at the camp got stiffed also and 4 hunters previous to that.
He promised a fly in trip with a float raft at the camp. None of this was provided when I asked for it he cancelled the hunt and took me back to Anchorage.
I guess it’s easy not believing a story but I have been hunting for 50 years and 12 trips to Africa and hunted almost every state. So Iam no rookie at this.
This will be the last comments I can make there is civil and legal actions being taken by the state and myself and others.

Do want you all want but stay clear of these guy's.
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alasken
I did respond to every one but one who sent me a PM thats cause the one his email would not go thru.
Also I never said we or the outfitter commited any violation of game laws with me. He has non completion of contract and licensing issues.
Cant have any hunting violation he never hunted with us.
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I went on his 14 years in the business experience

Sounds like he is giving the "in the biz" experience allright

One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
Looks like a case of the Alaskans being quick to defend any old Alaskan against the bad old lower 48er. With or with out any information. This website has dwindled in to a miserable place indeed.

Everyone says they want to know who is a good outfit and who isn't. Yet nearly every time a negative post comes out on a PH/Guide the client is bastardized right out of the box.

Larry is obviously limited in what he can say if he has started legal proceedings. He is just trying to do what he can to keep others from getting burned in the meantime.

It is people like smarterthanu, Alaskan, ISS and the list goes on that has pretty much ruined this site.

Good luck on your case Larry. It would be great to see what the outcome is and I hope in the end the truth comes out and the party at fault pays for any wrong doing.

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I am quite familiar with some of the players here and all I care to say is that where there is smoke there is usually fire.
Everyone please remember to Carefully check references.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4194 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 13 October 2010 04:52 Hide Post
Looks like a case of the Alaskans being quick to defend any old Alaskan against the bad old lower 48er. With or with out any information. This website

quote:
Looks like a case of the Alaskans being quick to defend any old Alaskan against the bad old lower 48er. With or with out any information. This website has dwindled in to a miserable place indeed.

Everyone says they want to know who is a good outfit and who isn't. Yet nearly every time a negative post comes out on a PH/Guide the client is bastardized right out of the box.

Larry is obviously limited in what he can say if he has started legal proceedings. He is just trying to do what he can to keep others from getting burned in the meantime.

It is people like smarterthanu, Alaskan, ISS and the list goes on that has pretty much ruined this site.

Good luck on your case Larry. It would be great to see what the outcome is and I hope in the end the truth comes out and the party at fault pays for any wrong doing.

Really? There is nothing about an unfiled civil case restricting anyone from telling the truth here. I have no dog in this fight. I just want the truth to come out. Don't stick your head out and make blanket statements about people unless you are ready to put your head on the block. You are much more likely to get in legal trouble doing that than presenting facts to us all. I want Larry to get justice if he has been wronged. I want this website to benefit us, but not at the cost of loosing any credibility. The people here demanded facts and it looks like Larry finaly responded and presented a public case and not just a public whining which is how this thread began. 458Lottfan, if you think we should all gobble up whatever dribble and blanket statement stone throwing pops up on here just because it coincides with your prejudices about alaskans, then you will be disappointed. Most people here have higher standards than you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The importance of Checking out your chosen Outfitter before you send your deposit, not after the problems start, can not be overstated.

Don't ask me how I learned this. Roll Eyes

Not saying the OP, did not do the above. Just taking this chance, for the learning point.

Best of luck to the OP getting this resolved fairly.

Cold Zero

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally, I appreciate any warning that is posted here. probably no better thing a guy can do for another member here. If it is not true and an attempt to ruin someones business, then I hope they get sued.

I know I have given enough warnings over the years.

Cold Zero

One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
458Lottfan, if you think we should all gobble up whatever dribble and blanket statement stone throwing pops up on here just because it coincides with your prejudices about alaskans, then you will be disappointed. Most people here have higher standards than you.

Whats it to you smarterthanu? Is the outfitter your best friend? do you book hunts for them? If not then what do you care? Why is it suddenly you mission in life to do justice for an anonymous outfitter?

I do not have prejudices against Alaskans. My brother and his family and many of my friends are Alaskans. I am not sure how much time you have spent in Alaska but I assure you there is a plethora of negative comments about the lower 48 floating around Alaska. The prejudice is quite the opposite on an extensive level in certain circles. Yet I have never heard negative references to Alaskan's here in the lower 48. It is just and interesting out look that I have witnessed and debated many times while in Alaska.

I just love how you are so quick to banish any credibility of the hunter to defend the outfitter, when you had no real information on either side. And OMG the hunter took a whole 7 days to post additional information on a question that you had. Is that so slow and unresponsive that you discredit him? Particularly to answer a question to a person of little or no importance to the issue. Or are you some how associated with the Outfitter?

People can't fart on this site with out the trolls rolling out to bastardize nearly every thing that is said or done. Obviously the Golden Rule has ceased to exist on this forum. Perhaps you spend too much time on the political forum and have lost the ability to be civil and understanding. That thread will do that to just about anyone. I used to read that thread my self.

For what it is worth, I reviewed many of your posts. Other than this issue I found that I agree with you way more often than I don't.

Have a nice day.

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also for doing my homework I booked this hunt with Matt Yablonski (Inner Circle International Booking Agent)

Just for my own knowledge, what the heck is an "Inner Circle International Booking Agent"?

Inner Circle of what? Is that a business name?

Sounds bizarre to me. I'd want to check references.

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Posts: 810 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have no dog in this fight.

458 Lottfan, what do you not understand about this statement? Find one spot in this thread where I took up for this "Outfitter". Find one single spot in this thread where I tried to bannish anyones credibility. Quit making up BS. There is nothing here for you to be pissed about. As for the golden rule, I would love all people to tell the complete story with all accusations and evidence instead of making blanket statements and cheap shots. I would want someone to stand against that sort of unproffesionalism whether it would help me, whoever these "outfitters" are, Larry, or even you. That is the principle of the Golden Rule! Do not fire shots accross people's bows unless you are ready to shink the ship.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Elk88101,

I can feel for ya. We are at the closing end of litigation on a 'Master Guide'. It's been 4 years. I'd like to spill out the details but not until the case is over. Suffice it to say the authorities in Alaska were more than helpful in wanting to get this POS.

Good luck with your case.

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lde:
Elk88101,

I can feel for ya. We are at the closing end of litigation on a 'Master Guide'. It's been 4 years. I'd like to spill out the details but not until the case is over. Suffice it to say the authorities in Alaska were more than helpful in wanting to get this POS.

Good luck with your case.

I wish you luck with your case and hope that you share the teaching points, that I am sure you learned along your road to being made whole.

I filed a complaint against Jim Keeline years ago. Not much was done. P.S. about 2 years later, I heard the state pulled his license. Complaints do count and they do have a cumulative effect, on a licensee's file, i beleive.

Cold Zero

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

ISS has not commented on this thread. If you have a personnal problem with ISS take it elsewhere. No need to stir up more $hit than necessary.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
drew;

When you quote someone. Try to leave the posters name in the quote so we can understand who you are referring to. thx.

Cold Zero

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:

CRYBABY

quote:
I filed a complaint against Jim Keeline years ago. Not much was done. P.S. about 2 years later, I heard the state pulled his license. Complaints do count and they do have a cumulative effect, on a licensee's file, i beleive.

I hunted with Jim in 2000, what a clusterfuck, that man was dangerous.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
458lottfan,
I don't see anywhere that I'm defending anyone. My original point was to check the guide out, very easy to do. If these guys did anything illegal they should be punished.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
When you quote someone. Try to leave the posters name in the quote so we can understand who you are referring to. thx.

Why, no one else does. PM me if this is such a problem for you.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:

quote:

I hunted with Jim in 2000, what a clusterfuck, that man was dangerous.

I beleive it was 1999 when I had my disaster with him. Even had a contract. If a guy does not want to fulfill it, not a whole lot you can do about it.

Cold Zero

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewhenrytnt:
quote:

Why, no one else does. PM me if this is such a problem for you.

Sorry you did not understand. I will not be Pm'ing you, about anything, it would be pointless.

Cold Zero

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For all of you that have posted in the last few weeks I have been hunting and have not been able to get to a computer,
I appreciate the support from many of you and I understand some of the comments that have skepticism.
I have been directed by the investigators to limit any information pertaining to this case. They fear change in testimony and loss of evidence.
What I can say after talking with the license department I was informed the regulations are very weak and have very little teeth to prosecute.
They are also way understaffed only 2 investigators and one is out on personal leave.
For those of you with cases pending you know this process takes a long time even fast track 18 months.
For the skeptics and computer guru’s look up Alaska Courts web site for outfitter cases. You will find many take years to come to trial by then evidence has disappeared clients and witness have vanished. So most cases time heals all and many are dismissed.
For all of you that have cases and are trying to get money back there is an avenue to start. Call the state license department
Cynthia Spencer
Licensing Examiner
Big Game Commercial Services Board (L-Z)
Mortuary Sciences
(907) 465-2691
cynthia.spencer@alaska.gov

All outfitters have to have liability and operations insurance you can start a claim against their policy. Cynthia will give you their insurance information.

It may take time but I will keep this forum posted of the outcome if I am still alive.
Again thanks for the support
Larry Kolek
Clovis, NM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shame the wheels move so slow. Especially since these people are in a business that negligence could cost someone thier life.

Why not go after this booking agent in civil court. He holds as much fiscal responsibility as anyone? Booking agents have to realize if they want to ride a free horse and it breaks a leg, they fall with it.

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Larry, I for one, appreciate the warning. Can anyone comment on whether or not Cabela's is "reputable" with their outfitters?

I'm also inclined to use outfitters who take credit cards, so when situations like this arise, you can file a dispute with Visa/Mastercard and get your money back immediately because you paid for a service you didn't receive. Of course the outfitter has 45 days to rebut but what can they say if they didn't deliver?

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elk88101:

For all of you that have cases and are trying to get money back there is an avenue to start. Call the state license department
Cynthia Spencer
Licensing Examiner
Mortuary Sciences
(907) 465-2691

All outfitters have to have liability and operations insurance you can start a claim against their policy. Cynthia will give you their insurance information.

That right there, is some quality advice for those behind the 8 ball. I too once put in a claim to an Outfitter's insurance and got paid too. Many times that is your best recourse. Keep that in mind, it may well be your best tool. Some other areas will require a Bond to be put up that you can place a claim against as well.

Filing a multiple negative hunt reports is another tool to help other hunters/victims from falling prey to an unscrupulous outfitter.

Guide outfitter Associations is another Avenue to be pursued. That can be both good and bad. A poor example would be the APHA and a good example of an association who polices it's own, instead of just collecting dues is the GOABC in Canada.

Buyer beware, do your research before you book.

Cold Zero

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elk88101:
For all of you that have posted in the last few weeks I have been hunting and have not been able to get to a computer,
I appreciate the support from many of you and I understand some of the comments that have skepticism.
I have been directed by the investigators to limit any information pertaining to this case. They fear change in testimony and loss of evidence.
What I can say after talking with the license department I was informed the regulations are very weak and have very little teeth to prosecute.
They are also way understaffed only 2 investigators and one is out on personal leave.
For those of you with cases pending you know this process takes a long time even fast track 18 months.
For the skeptics and computer guru’s look up Alaska Courts web site for outfitter cases. You will find many take years to come to trial by then evidence has disappeared clients and witness have vanished. So most cases time heals all and many are dismissed.
Cynthia Spencer
Licensing Examiner
Mortuary Sciences
(907) 465-2691

It may take time but I will keep this forum posted of the outcome if I am still alive.
Again thanks for the support
Larry Kolek
Clovis, NM

You are showing proper reserve ahead of the litigation.

Ignore those not as smart as you.

Thanks for the heads up, bear in NA is on my list for the next couple of years.

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote