THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Alaska moose attack against Iditarod sled team leaves 4 dogs injured

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alaska moose attack against Iditarod sled team leaves 4 dogs injured
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The lady musher brought along a 380 to use if attacked.
She found out that a moose will not be put down with that small hand gun.
https://www.foxnews.com/lifest...ed-team-dogs-injured

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
obviously she knows nothing of firearms. In the article she states she did not carry a bigger firearms because the bouncing could make it go off.... Not sure I want to be anywhere around her with any firearm.

Posts: 480 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MtElkHunter:
obviously she knows nothing of firearms. In the article she states she did not carry a bigger firearms because the bouncing could make it go off.... Not sure I want to be anywhere around her with any firearm.

She grew up in Fairbanks, daughter of two of Alaska's top mushers. I'm quite sure she knows plenty about firearms. She said she's changed out the .380 for something that will do better next time.

Dave

Posts: 917 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
She grew up in Fairbanks, daughter of two of Alaska's top mushers. I'm quite sure she knows plenty about firearms. She said she's changed out the .380 for something that will do better next time.

Not a indication of firearm knowledge.

Could be, could not be.

My guess is that she went with the 380 to meet the requirements of having to have a firearm along.

But then to have the lightest one she could reasonably say see I have one.

Because we know, one well never need it.

Well she found out the hard way. That stuff happens.

Posts: 19312 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Nisbet:
The lady musher brought along a 380 to use if attacked.
She found out that a moose will not be put down with that small hand gun.
https://www.foxnews.com/lifest...ed-team-dogs-injured
My guess is Phil could have stopped the moose with a 380!! I would prefer a 338 myself.

Posts: 5691 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote