THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Memories from the Wrangell's - 2002 (PICTS)

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memories from the Wrangell's - 2002 (PICTS)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted
I thought you guys might enjoy seeing some pictures from my hunt in the Wrangell Mountains in August 2002. I took my youngest son, Brett, who at the time was 11. I can't believe how much he has grown and matured since then. Man time flies.

I didn't shoot a Dall on this trip, got close to a beauty but couldn't close the ~600-yard distance before they spooked. But most importantly we had a wonderful time in some of, if not the most beautiful country that I have ever been in.

I have tons more film pict's of spike camps, berry patches, far-off sheep, etc. Please forgive the quality and sizing of these pictures - they were pre-digital and I had scanned them back in 02.

And, it rained 12 out of 15 days!!! Big Grin

Plane Ride to Alaska

Bush Plane to Camp (Pilot Roland)

Main Cabin

My Son Brett & Master Guide Bob

Glacier

Glacier Stream Crossing

Guide Phillip Glassing for Moose

Brett on Apache

My Horse Molly

Alaskan-Yukon Moose (59 inch spread)

Moose Meat on the Racks

Darryl Cooking up Some Fresh Moose Steaks

Brett (then 11) Overlooking Sheep Camp

Wrangell Mountains Wolf

Glassing for Sheep

Brett Hiding in the Alders

The "Rain Forest"

Lasting Memories

Regards, Bill

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing the pics. That's some gorgeous country.

Posts: 1243 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

What a wonderful way to spend time with your son and introduce him to the great outdoors. Bretts smile is more captivating than the animals or the scenery.

Woody

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill C ----- Great pictures of a great hunting trip for you and Brett. Reminds me of my Moose hunt in the Farewell Burn in 1999 and a Brown Bear hunt around Cold Bay a while ago. I am sure Brett will go back someday and keep up the tradition. wave Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2348 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That is why I live about 75 miles away from the wrangells as the raven flies. By the way it is the largest park on earth. What a playground.

where's Bill

Posts: 9 | Location: Tok, Alaska | Registered: 17 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
What beautiful country to make memories to last a lifetime with your boy. Well done, and thanks for sharing.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Neat trip Bill, especially when shared with your son! What a difference time has made in that young man, in the elephant hunt pictures, he looks almost grown-up! Where does the time go?

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote