New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kodiak charters
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know this is a hunting forum but it seems it gets more action than the fishing one. Please move if not allowed. I'll be in Kodiak with 5 other guys this August 19 through the 25th. We'll be on the ocean 21-23 but we have an open day on the front end of the 20th. I would like to do a day trip to a river that day. Any recommendations or information would be appreciated. Also, is there anything that you guys recommend for night life or sights that are a must see? The 24th is open as well. Was hoping to get the logistics figured out how to get our fish home that day and maybe tour around a bit. This will be our first trip to Alaska for all of us. Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lpankratz:
I know this is a hunting forum but it seems it gets more action than the fishing one. Please move if not allowed. I'll be in Kodiak with 5 other guys this August 19 through the 25th. We'll be on the ocean 21-23 but we have an open day on the front end of the 20th. I would like to do a day trip to a river that day. Any recommendations or information would be appreciated. Also, is there anything that you guys recommend for night life or sights that are a must see? The 24th is open as well. Was hoping to get the logistics figured out how to get our fish home that day and maybe tour around a bit. This will be our first trip to Alaska for all of us. Thanks

Any of your guides will know how to get fish out.
June - sept. every airport is flying fish out fed ex or ups etc. GOOD LUCK! You will have a Blast!! tu2

Posts: 2351 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully someone will have a recommendation for a river trip here. Everyone is really looking forward to this trip. It's time to get back to normal!

Hopefully I'll run into some information about a future hunt there. I'm at that point in life I can do a few more trips.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lpankratz:
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully someone will have a recommendation for a river trip here. Everyone is really looking forward to this trip. It's time to get back to normal!

Hopefully I'll run into some information about a future hunt there. I'm at that point in life I can do a few more trips.

Sounds like you have a salt trip lined up, your captian will know a river/road system guide.
Google Kodiac Chamber, will be lots of listings

Have fun!!

Posts: 2351 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote