New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pebble Mine halted
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
US Army Corps of Engineers has halted Pebble Mine due to impact studies/proposals not accounting for and compensating for habit impact.

This is not the end to the Pebble Mine debate as only the EPA subject to litigation can kill the project.

Posts: 10823 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's the best news I have heard in quite a while!

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
US Army Corps of Engineers has halted Pebble Mine due to impact studies/proposals not accounting for and compensating for habit impact.

This is not the end to the Pebble Mine debate as only the EPA subject to litigation can kill the project.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard similar over the last 20 yrs coffee

Posts: 2351 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Let's hope that it's over. tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Let's hope that it's over. tu2

Yes for sure, It will be great once they start pushing dirt. tu2

Posts: 2351 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's hope that it's over.

It's not.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote