New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ravn Air Files for BK
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Saw it in the WSJ yesterday; not sure what impact it will have on anyone with hunt plans.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Ravn is the only business I have ever known of that was universally despised. Constant "weather delays" when their competition was flying, stolen cargo, canceled flights, that was Ravn.

If ever there was a business that was run as though they wanted to fail it was Ravn. This will undoubtedly hurt in the short term(especially for those who had no other options) but other air carriers will jump in to fill the void.

From what I hear the mayor of the North Slope Borough has seized all of Ravn's assets on the Slope by emergency order.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
Ravn is the only business I have ever known of that was universally despised. Constant "weather delays" when their competition was flying, stolen cargo, canceled flights, that was Ravn.

If ever there was a business that was run as though they wanted to fail it was Ravn. This will undoubtedly hurt in the short term(especially for those who had no other options) but other air carriers will jump in to fill the void.

From what I hear the mayor of the North Slope Borough has seized all of Ravn's assets on the Slope by emergency order.

Flew Ravn exactly 1 time 4-5 years ago. NEVER again the absolute worst people skills of any company I have ever been involved in. They are using the pandemic excuse to bail out & attempt put blame somewhere else. Good riddance dancing popcorn

Posts: 2349 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Raven is at least the fourth airline the owner has bankrupted!

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4187 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's a strategy. They will be back. Not great news but there aren't many options.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:
Raven is at least the fourth airline the owner has bankrupted!

Kind of like Trump, that's how you make money. Big Grin

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Money talks
And bullshit walks

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if there is any truth in the rumor that the State of Alaska was considering taking over Ravn because so many of the villages were dependent on them?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
I wonder if there is any truth in the rumor that the State of Alaska was considering taking over Ravn because so many of the villages were dependent on them?

Mark

From what the newspaper reported, the mayor of the North Slope Borough seized Ravn’s planes and other property right after Ravn announced that they were shutting down their operations.

They have also reported that Wright Air is contracting to provide pilots and crew to fly Ravn’s planes on Ravn’s old routes.

I didn’t know that mayors had that kind of power, but there are a lot of things that I’m still learning....

Jason

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
That would be a loosing proposition for sure

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:
That would be a loosing proposition for sure

Phil, what makes you say that? I’m not disagreeing, I’m just interested to hear your thoughts.

Jason

-Jason Brown

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
Wow------My experience with Ravn was outstanding. I have been flying with them from Anc to Kenai for years. They were always on time & never a problem with the boxes of frozen of frozen reds & halibut----checked as luggage.

I liked the cookie & OJ at the end of the 20 minute flight also.

Hope someone steps up & fills the void.

Posts: 598 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colorado Bob:
Wow------My experience with Ravn was outstanding. I have been flying with them from Anc to Kenai for years. They were always on time & never a problem with the boxes of frozen of frozen reds & halibut----checked as luggage.

I liked the cookie & OJ at the end of the 20 minute flight also.

Hope someone steps up & fills the void.

Yup the Cookie was the only thing worth a shit.
Never know if your going to leave Kenai or not.
I flew with ERA before the 2014 corvis/ravn 5+ times a week, only took me 1 ravn trip & has been Grant ever since! tu2

Posts: 2349 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote