New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kootznoowoo - Fear Island
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Did anyone see this on animal channel last night? More bear per square mile than anywhere in the World. The largest bears anywhere,6 - 8 feet at the shoulder and 2,600lbs and up. But the best was no one has hunted the island in 400 years.

Highlights:

When asking Island elders for permission to go there, the one lad exclaimed "It was a great honor for you to meet us."

Their guide's rifle had a large scope on it and he had a hard time trying to find a bear in it at 150 yards.

On an island in Alaska with more bear than anywhere in the World, how did they only manage to show only 5-7 live bears wandering around when they were filming a 2 hour show?

I guess this is another real documentary by Dopey Windbag's discovery network like the ones on mermaids, prehistoric great white shark, or that one in the desert that the acting was so bad I only got through 5 minutes before bailing.

Did I miss anything?

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't watch it, don't care to. If they are talking about 2600lbs bears, then you know it is bullshit.

But as for you question about how they only managed to show 5-7 bears during a 2 hour show, I'll ask if you've ever been to SE AK? You can spend a lot of time within feet of a lot of bears and you'd never know it.

Posts: 246 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Abdominal Snowman in a bear form, nothing thrtr but lets make a scary movie

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2295 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
uchy kochy has more bare than that Big Grin

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what is that guys name, don Wildman?
whatever he does i'm out, that guy couldn't find toilet paper in the men's room if he hired 2 guides.

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote