THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Alaska will only require a Covid test

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alaska will only require a Covid test
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If arriving by air, guess you'll still have to find an airline to get there though. Big Grin No more 14 day self isolation

https://www.alaskapublic.org/2...offered-at-airports/

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Likely not workable.

Posts: 10148 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope it works, I’m headed up August 1st.

DRSS

Posts: 624 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am scheduled to head up August 9th. I'll gladly get tested (again) before I depart.
I wonder what documentation will be required- that might be harder to operationalize.
Several commercial testing companies (LabCorp, Quest, CPL) are offering turnaround times of less than 72 hours. Many Urgent Cares and other providers are should be offering a "improved" version of the Abbott ID-Now rapid test that yields results in less than 30 minutes. This should go a long way to identifying asymptomatic people who are shedding virus. The caveat is that a negative test does not exclude someone who has been exposed but is not yet shedding detectable levels of virus. So it's a logical step, but unfortunately not bulletproof.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Headed up 6/9. Likely to be a cluster at the airport. We will be ready with both quarantine paperwork and test- there is some doubt as to how we get a test within the 72 hour window as that falls on a weekend.Think Dunleavy has been pretty solid through this.

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
72 hours prior to flying. Then multiple layovers? So three days of exposure to everything? This paperwork means nothing. Just appeasing some people.
I have a client trying to come up this week. Can’t find anywhere to get a test done because he doesn’t have any symptoms. Trying to change his flight to get in after the 5th and all flights to alaska have 9-20 hour layovers because of reduced seats in the planes. This is a wreck right now. August I’m sure will be more organized.

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crane:
Headed up 6/9. Likely to be a cluster at the airport. We will be ready with both quarantine paperwork and test- there is some doubt as to how we get a test within the 72 hour window as that falls on a weekend.Think Dunleavy has been pretty solid through this.

27 new cases reported today.
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/op...4397bdf359f49b11f218 thumbdown

Posts: 2351 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Can you still drive to Alaska, or are the Canadians locking us out?

We'd like to move back to Alaska, but I think summer 2021 or 2022 sound better.

My wife tells me she doesn't want to be locked in the house in Alaska with 3 kids all winter long if there is another outbreak in the fall or next year.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Can you still drive to Alaska, or are the Canadians locking us out?

We'd like to move back to Alaska, but I think summer 2021 or 2022 sound better.

My wife tells me she doesn't want to be locked in the house in Alaska with 3 kids all winter long if there is another outbreak in the fall or next year.

Last I heard you could drive through Canada only stopping for fuel if you live in Alaska.

A check with the R.C.M.P. might be in order?

Posts: 2351 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I booked my grizzly hunt for June 2021. Hopefully things will be all sorted out by then.

Posts: 598 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would definitely check before driving. My brother owns a vacation house in Canada and is married to Canadian citizen. Driving two cars last week she was allowed to cross and he was denied entry. Tried again the next day with the same result. He is back at his house in the U.S.

Don

Trust only those who stand to lose as much as you do when things go wrong.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would definitely check before driving.

Very sound advice! tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
Crazy idea big spikes now your tested then exposed and walking around possibly infecting the vulnerable, not a good idea. Took a drive to Soldotna this WE lots of out of state vehicles and few were masked.

It's up to border agents to decide whether they will let you cross, no way to pre-authorize, job or commerce is what I am hearing will be authorized.

kk alaska

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kk alaska:
Crazy idea big spikes now your tested then exposed and walking around possibly infecting the vulnerable, not a good idea. Took a drive to Soldotna this WE lots of out of state vehicles and few were masked.

It's up to border agents to decide whether they will let you cross, no way to pre-authorize, job or commerce is what I am hearing will be authorized.

Cousin from Haines AK had a stroke life-flighted to Anchorage, no one can visit him in the hospital unless he is 24hr terminal! Due to CRV-19 Sad!

kk alaska

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Cousin from Haines AK had a stroke life-flighted to Anchorage, no one can visit him in the hospital unless he is 24hr terminal! Due to CRV-19 Sad!

heard in the local news that haines AK got their first covid 19 case.

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
heard in the local news that haines AK got their first covid 19 case.[/QUOTE]

Medved, haven’t heard much about Covid 19 in the Yukon or NWT . What are your infection rates like in Whitehorse.

Posts: 673 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
20 new cases in Alaska today

kk alaska

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
quote:
August I’m sure will be more organized.
You sure do have a lot of faith. Comrade Bercowitz is already talking another shut down. And the Governor has given no indication that he has the spinal fortitude to over-rule him. That and we only have eleven (11) people in Alaska currently hospitalized for the Wuhan virus. God bless all the hunting and fishing guides, outfitters, transporters, and lodges. Your going to need all the higher power help you can get.

If you are going to carry a big stick, you've got to whack someone with it at least every once in while.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote