THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Bushwhack Alaska guiding and outfitting

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bushwhack Alaska guiding and outfitting
 Login/Join

posted
Been looking into Erik for a moose hunt. Curious if anyone has any knowledge of Erik or this outfit. Been struggling to find much on the internet aside from the reviews located on his website.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

Posts: 2 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 19 January 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
He sold his Arctic lodge to Preston Cavner and is concentrating on mostly fishing at his place in Illiamna.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4194 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting news.

I have hunted with Erik twice and have no complaints.

I’d research Mr. Cavner if I was you .

Posts: 11954 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
My son informs me I may have received the wrong information so I am trying to get a confirmation. I guess someone else bought it ?
But Preston was operating out of it.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Interesting news.

Yes,,Nothing he does makes sense,,he operate's under the cloak of christiananity and therefore can do no wrong..

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by waterrat:
quote:
Interesting news.

Yes,,Nothing he does makes sense,,he operate's under the cloak of christiananity and therefore can do no wrong..

What are you referencing here?

Posts: 2 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 19 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do a little research. It won’t take long .

Posts: 11954 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
He sold to Jonah Stewart. Jonah’s Alaskan Adventures. I believe he does pretty well even tho with all the competition on state land up there. I’ve never heard anything bad with Jonah. He’s def a great archery outfitter and has a great track record with nice animals.

RG #128878
"Let The Hunt Unfold"
*Professional Hunting Guide*
Grizzly
KNWR Brown Bear, Mtn. Goat
ANWR Dall Sheep,Caribou
Moose

Posts: 22 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 15 July 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting us know. It's a nice camp set up in Wiseman

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just had a thought.

I was hunting with Erik for bears in the fall of 2019. Hunt was cut short due to me becoming ill. I remember Erik showing me pictures of moose either from that season or the prior season. All but one client got moose. I think he was 7 for 8 but I would hate to swear to those numbers. All but one was over 60. A couple of real monsters were in the group.

Can't comment on who has it now but Erik killed a lot of big moose.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by waterrat:
quote:
Interesting news.

I actually spit on my computer.

I am a Christian, grew up going to church as a protestant. In the military (because we were the only guys from Wyoming in bootcamp) I went to Mormon services with another guy from SE Wyoming, and was about to convert when I decided it wasn't for me. Eventually settled on the Orthodox Catholic Church (doesn't matter, Greek, Russian, whatever), and have spent a lot of time as an Orthodox going to Roman Catholic services while in the military.

Many times in life I have heard people use the word Christian as some kind of get out of jail free card. My wife is very forgiving and someone who wants to see the good in people, but she finally understands that the moniker "Christian" is just a word. It doesn't really mean that the person actually portrays themselves as a Christian way.

We all have struggles in life, but using the word "Christian" to influence what people think about you or your business processes is getting out of hand.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"We all have struggles in life, but using the word "Christian" to influence what people think about you or your business processes is getting out of hand."

And doubly bad if you're a scumbag. I despise hypocrisy.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 246 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
The guide version of using the "Christian" moniker as a coverup for everything but, is "Fair Chase"
Those who honestly practice it don't have to constantly be flaunting it.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It saddens me when I hear these stories of those who belittle Christians for taking their faith seriously and trying to live out their lives in a way that pleases the Lord. I don't know this man Eric of whom you speak. I don't know how he lives his life or his real beliefs. I take my Christian faith very seriously: it is the most important thing in my life. I don't go around telling everyone I meet "I am a Christian" but I am not shy about telling them about Christ and how he has changed my life if the appropriate time comes up. I am reminded of the verse in Romans 1: 16 that says " I'm not ashamed of the gospel because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew and then to the Gentile." It seems that in today's culture, belittling people who take their Christian faith seriously has become more common. What used to be right has often become wrong and what used to wrong has commonly become right.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by devere:
It saddens me when I hear these stories of those who belittle Christians for taking their faith seriously and trying to live out their lives in a way that pleases the Lord. I don't know this man Eric of whom you speak. I don't know how he lives his life or his real beliefs. I take my Christian faith very seriously: it is the most important thing in my life. I don't go around telling everyone I meet "I am a Christian" but I am not shy about telling them about Christ and how he has changed my life if the appropriate time comes up. I am reminded of the verse in Romans 1: 16 that says " I'm not ashamed of the gospel because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew and then to the Gentile." It seems that in today's culture, belittling people who take their Christian faith seriously has become more common. What used to be right has often become wrong and what used to wrong has commonly become right.

You are either twisting the words of those that wrote above, or I am not understanding what you are saying.

I call myself a Christian and I belong to one of the two oldest Christian religions in the world both of them are almost 2000 years old (Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodox Catholics), and I have no problem calling bullshit on anyone who uses their choice to follow Christ for self gain, especially when those gains are ill gotten.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know this man Eric of whom you speak. .[/QUOTE]

It isn’t Erik who is running around telling everyone he is a Christian.

One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know this man Eric of whom you speak. .

It isn’t Erik who is running around telling everyone he is a Christian.[/QUOTE]
No it isn't,,there is another local guide mentioned there.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Erik and his wife Martha now own and run a nice lodge in Illiamna that predominantly caters to fishermen and a select few hunters.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup. Having been there I can confirm it is quite nice. Literally right on the lake. Incredible view.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Erik sent me some pictures. He sold his Brooks Range lodge . He is still in business guiding hunting and fishing .