One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TalusHunterCA:
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by twilli:
He who is smart live to hunt another day. Could have been strep throat or start of epiglottitis or pneumonia, influneza. You made the right call and could have turned sour quickly if any of those were the case. Hopefully outfitter will work something out with you. Glad you are on the mend
Some people have died by not paying attention to this type of thing. Notably Jim Henson of the Muppets fame.

Larry, does travel/trip insurance cover such things? I have been lucky so far, but as I get older, I worry about the day that I get really sick or injured on or just before a major trip. I thought you might have navigated some of these issues. Any thoughts?

Did Erik provide any sort of rain check or what do outfitters usually do in these circumstances? I feel for you and those involved.

I did not buy the insurance this trip. It is not an issue.

This was my problem. It was not Erik’s issue. I never expected that he owed me anything. He absolutely does not owe me anything. At least in my opinion .

Posts: 11956 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Larry, sorry to hear of your illness ruining your hunt for a big bear. I also like the Illiamna area. I have hunted in that area several times, and have rarely had a day to pass without seeing big bears. I fly into Illiamna commercial, then take a float plane to one of the lakes out in the tundra. We were not hunting brown bear, but we see them every day. We even had them raid our camp during the night, and lost two caribou racks and capes and half our cooler food. We hunt from Sow lake, and bears are as thick as ticks on a racoon.
Hope you get back to Illiamna for a bear and feel better next time. I know the age issue, as I'm 83 years old, and the toll is evident more and more each year. Good luck next time!
…............…...…........ old Mac

………......

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Come back to Africa where it is warm and flat.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9867 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Come back to Africa where it is warm and flat.

…...………….. tu2 I would love to revisit Zambia, and the big cape buffalo there!
………......…………...………………………………………... old Mac

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote