THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Is there a lefty Tikka T3 ?

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a lefty Tikka T3 ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted
Was looking but couldn't concentrate? My son is the lefty. I was just curious? Be Well. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes. New rifles now might all be T3x, an upgrade on the T3.
It shouldn't bee too hard to pick up a pre-loved T3 if you really want that model and don't mind used.
A good selection of calibres is available in LH actions.
I am a lefty too. I have a T3 in 30.06, a T3x in .300 Win Mag.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1994 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
My son is a lefty and I'm always looking out for a good lefty. It looks like the Tikkas are good guns and maybe not real expensive. All good characteristics for a great purchase. Be Well. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Coincidentally I was using both of my rifles yesterday. Doing some Goat culling . I've had a knee operation recently and this jaunt was part of regaining my hill fitness. Used a 4 wheeler but did quite a bit of walking through the more gnarly country. Both rifles are plastic stocked which doesn't have the same pleasant "feel" of carbon fibre but the rilfes' light weight is certainly appreciated when you are lugging yourself and gear up, down and around hill country. I really enjoy shooting both these rifles. The bolts are simple and very slick and with my handloads have all the accuracy I need.
IMO the plastic stocked, SS Tikka kinda grows on you nicely once you've started to really use it.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1994 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Tikka T3 Stainless Lite lefty in .270 Win and it is a fantastic rifle. Also have a .223 and it is also great. Both are sub MOA, great triggers and ridiculously easy to carry due to the light weight. It was years before I was willing to try one because they felt like toys, but when I finally bought one, then two, I was very pleased. My understanding is that the T3X is very similar with a few improvements. I would not hesitate to get one for your son.

Posts: 129 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 15 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have lefty Tikks in 30/06 and 17 HMR

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote