THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    accurate innovations stocks for LH Zastava

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

accurate innovations stocks for LH Zastava
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
hello guys,

im not living on the right or worndgside of the border and i had a chat with Wes from accurate innovations.
what he needs is an action of a LH Zastava to have the proper sizing.

i think he will need a LH 375 hh (due to a diiferent magzine lenght) and a 30-06/ 9.3x62 ones.

with that we can make it works for all.

thanks for any helps or support.

yours truly.

Phil

Posts: 1732 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Phil, for whatever it is worth, I once owned a semi-custom rifle with an Accurate Innovations stock on it. The stock was clubby, checkering was pressed rather than cut, the angles didn't match, and inletting was pathetic. Finally, the stock had a full lb. of extra wood on it.

In short, I sincerely believe there are better options. But mine is just one opinion...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doubless:
Phil, for whatever it is worth, I once owned a semi-custom rifle with an Accurate Innovations stock on it. The stock was clubby, checkering was pressed rather than cut, the angles didn't match, and inletting was pathetic. Finally, the stock had a full lb. of extra wood on it.

In short, I sincerely believe there are better options. But mine is just one opinion...

I have 2 AI. stocks, the 1st one is as described above (horrible inletting, the inletted studs are off by about 10 degrees, among other things), the 2nd stock is WAYYY better (it has cut checkering, not pressed)
The 1st one has to be about 10 yrs old, the 2nd is about 1 yr old...maybe AI had a rough start!
Both my stocks came on the rifles when I bought them....I'd buy them again

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I have a 10 year old AI stock on my LH Montana Rifle Co action. It's a Varmint model with the wide flat forearm, no checkering and it is heavy, there is definitely some extra wood in it. But it was bought that way since I shoot this gun a lot in F class matches, I don't mind the extra weight.

The inletting is fine on mine and the aluminum bedding block fits perfectly. I think that this stock was built off one of the very first MRC production actions and since I have Serial No. 0005 mine fits very well.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
so the new ones are better than ever.

now if you can help with some owners of left hand zastava action that will great.

Phil

Posts: 1732 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
i have an action sitting around but it was going out to a gunsmith. how long would he need it for?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
i have an action sitting around but it was going out to a gunsmith. how long would he need it for?

bluefish,

i will let you know when Wes will answer me.

Phil

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:

sent you a PM.

Phil

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's the AI stock they made for my 500 MDM, with full Aluminum bedding block. Hard to beat for the money.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

As current VP at Accurate Innovations Inc., I felt it appropriate to clarify a few details for anyone interested.

I welcome and encourage you to contact me directly, via telephone, email, website or private message here on AR with any questions about our custom rifle stock work.

Contact
Wes Chapman, VP
Accurate Innovations, Inc.
www.aigunstocks.com
accurateinnovations@gmail.com
(828) 321-9132

Accurate Innovations LLC of Rapid City, South Dakota closed their doors and sold all assets and rights to their product in 2009.

Machinery and inventory were relocated to the current facility in North Carolina, where we employ a small team of devoted craftsmen and women dedicated to the highest standards and we recognize fully that our customers dictate the value of our handwork.

As the product and concept was sound, it was decided by the current owners to maintain the Accurate Innovations name, building and revitalizing the manufacturing processes and methods to achieve the highest quality fit, finish and performance available in wooden rifle stock technology, in an efficient manner that is consistently excellent.

Our stocks begin and end right here- from raw wood and aluminum, to become functional works of art fit for the most discriminating riflemen in the world. Performance is key and primary, and without that you would simply be buying an item of beauty. The data reveals around 80% of last years business is from repeat customers. This both encourages and humbles us, as we recognize you folks out there using them and spending your money asking for more are the reason we exist. Simply, we are dedicated to ever improving our products, and we truly enjoy the work we do!

Again, let me extend an invitation to contact us about what you need from your next rifle stock. If you are interested in a high end stock for a rifle we do not currently serve, let's talk about it. Any other questions about our product, the process, or the details of your next wooden riflestock? Give me a call, drop me a note. We at AIGunstocks look forward to showing you what we can do!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As relates to the original post, Phil and I have discussed the LH Zastava actions, and what would be necessary to build stocks with our chassis system. If you are interested, please do contact us at Accurate Innovations (www.aigunstocks.com) to allow us to determine if there is sufficient demand. If we can find a dozen or so of you ready to buy, we will jump through the hoops of programming and R&D to gear up for the LH Mauser models.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the stock fit, we only need to have on hand the longest magazine model.
-Wes
Accurate Innovations, Inc.

quote:
Originally posted by medved:
hello guys,

im not living on the right or worndgside of the border and i had a chat with Wes from accurate innovations.
what he needs is an action of a LH Zastava to have the proper sizing.

i think he will need a LH 375 hh (due to a diiferent magzine lenght) and a 30-06/ 9.3x62 ones.

with that we can make it works for all.

thanks for any helps or support.

yours truly.

Phil

One of Us
posted Hide Post
oh Wes great that you posted here.

so hope we will catch enough requests.

Phil