THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Boyds stock for Zastava m70 left handed

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boyds stock for Zastava m70 left handed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. I want to change my stock out on my LH 458 Win Mag but I think that I want solid wood.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12537 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they are offering wood also in the options ...

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medved:
they are offering wood also in the options ...

Cool, did not see that.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12537 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nobody asked my opinion, but there are a bunch of stocks out there that are light years ahead of what Boyd puts out... I have had two of theirs and they were both so clubby I made up my mind never to buy another.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doubless:
Nobody asked my opinion, but there are a bunch of stocks out there that are light years ahead of what Boyd puts out... I have had two of theirs and they were both so clubby I made up my mind never to buy another.

If you know of any other companies that make pre-fit stocks for left handed Zastava Mausers, I'd love to get their names.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:

If you know of any other companies that make pre-fit stocks for left handed Zastava Mausers, I'd love to get their names.

im all hears open too.

we tried with accurate but seems the market is no there ... at least for the lefty.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Do you guys think that the laminate stock will stand up to my 458 Win Mag?

Should I plan on installing a crossbolt or two?

Frank

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Laminate is as tough as anything else is, crossbolts wouldn't hurt.

Sako has had a bad batch of laminate stocks splitting. Not sure how many people get their wood from Rutland.

I like them best out of all materials for a stock. As they are still wood, and feel like wood.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
By looking at pictures and the description on the Boyds website, it seems like they come with dual crossbolts installed. If the shape of the wrist and forend are as slender as a Ruger Hawkeye laminated, I may pick one up.
Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you guys think that the laminate stock will stand up to my 458 Win Mag?

Should I plan on installing a crossbolt or two?

Frank as Steve mentionned there is a dual crossbolts ... wont hurt anyway to do a bedding.

i think i will get one for my 9.3 and another one for my 458 like you ...

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve_in_OR:
By looking at pictures and the description on the Boyds website, it seems like they come with dual crossbolts installed. If the shape of the wrist and forend are as slender as a Ruger Hawkeye laminated, I may pick one up.
Steve

Thanks, I didn't even notice that, I guess I should have clicked on the picture.

I changed my barrel out for .750" diameter so I will have to open up the barrel channel and add the Pachmyar decelerator pad.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought one. Looks like a fat piece of plywood, which is what it is. I'm going to pare it down and use it as a pattern for turning my own stocks.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
was it a drop in and fit well?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I realize their name is Mudd in a lot of places, but Richards Microfit makes them. This one was an overstock and set me back about $50 a couple of years ago. Admittedly, it did take a few minutes of fitting to "drop in" my Zastava, but I like it for what it is.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote